Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler 300s
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Chrysler 300S (the S trim). The front brake calipers are single-piston type.

The other day I was driving my son's 2018 Dodge Charger SXT Plus, I noticed that the brakes are much better than my 300S. I looked at the Charger's brake calipers, they are double-pistons (or two-pistons).

I am thinking about changing my 300S brake calipers from single-piston to double-pistons. Will that work? I understand that PowerStop sells double-pistons brake calipers for Chrysler 300. Check that out: Performance Brake Calipers | PowerStop | Powder Coated Pair

Just in case if you don't know how to identify your brake calipers... if you see "one arch" on the brake caliper, that means you have a single piston. Two-arches = double-pistons.

thanks -madmax

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your S must be a V-6. Hemi-equipped 300s typically have the BR5 brake package, which includes the larger rotors and dual-piston calipers.

You should consider upgrading the rears to BR5 as well.

For the ultimate bolt-on upgrade, you could go all the way to BR9 brakes, but the parts are harder to find.

For the BR5 brakes, you'll need rotors, hoses, pads, calipers and caliper brackets, if memory serves.

You can Google "BR3 BR5 upgrade Charger" without the quotes for more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts