Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what body parts between the platforms are interchangeable. For example, I know the magnum and 300 can swap their front bumpers and headlights as long as you swap the quarter panels as well. Can we put together a master list of what parts can be swapped and what it would take. I really like the SRT8 rear bumper of the charger but I dont know if it would a 300. If it would, what would it take. I dont know if it would be possible to also add interior parts too, like door panels, seats, etc.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Most interior parts from the Charger/300 will swap. Excluding the center bezel, upper dash. Only door panels and front seats will swap in from a magnum.

Magnum/300 front ends will swap ok. Nothing on the outside of the charger will swap appropriately onto a 300 other than the 4 doors.

Lots of electrics swap back and forth other than kicker subwoofers.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
That's what happens when I don't get to look at my 300 anymore..lol.

At that point...I doubt the front doors are the same either, and then the interior door parts aren't going to work either...even beyond the fact that the door handles etc are all different.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Not sure if the doors of a Magnum match, but I believe the interior parts of the door would be interchangable. I know for a fact the lower window trim on the exterior will match.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
the rear doors on a magnum will not line up either, the roof line on the Magnum stays higher than that of the 300...so the opposite effect of the charger mismatch.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
oh...suspension notes.

Charger <----> 300 = Good to Go
Magnum <-----> 300 or Charger = No Go...the rear shock/spring on the Mag is different

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
The interior door panels from a magnum also aren't a perfect lineup with the dash. They fit and close properly, but the lines don't carry over from the dash to the door perfectly

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
geez all the things i like dont fit. i love the rear of the srt8 charger with the air scoop thing

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Obviously the clear choice is to donate your C to me and buy a charger SRT. For compensation I shall buy your first tank of gas (providing it's not more then 20 bucks)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Obviously the clear choice is to donate your C to me and buy a charger SRT. For compensation I shall buy your first tank of gas (providing it's not more then 20 bucks)

never thought i'd see the day you would go with silver...

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
speaking of parts what part fits on what car. some wile back i seen a 300C with the front end from an magnum i think that don't look really good.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
The magnum front end is love it or hate it. Personally I think they should have kept it a 300C Touring, not because I don't like the magnum front end, but wagons don't have the appeal they did before the minivan

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
The magnum front end is love it or hate it. Personally I think they should have kept it a 300C Touring, not because I don't like the magnum front end, but wagons don't have the appeal they did before the minivan
The newer ones were a bit better..the ones with the projectors, but yeah, I like the 300C Touring look from Europe alot better!

·
Registered
181 Posts
One thing I've been eying for a while is swapping the rear bumper from a Magnum to a 300. Looking at them closely they look almost identical. I like the way the exhaust cutouts look on the Mags.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not to steal the thread, but i have the opposite issue. I have a 300C that I just fixed the broken rod problem and rebuilt the transmission only to hit a deer and total the car a month later. I have an opportunity to pick up a 2006 Charger RT for cheap. The 300C is AWD and of course the oil pan and transmissions are not interchangeable. I was hoping since the 300C is fully loaded with NAV, etc. that I could move some of the electricals or options. The 300C has courtesy mirrors with auto backup, Uconnect, NAV, heated airbag seats, auto cruise control. etc. Any thoughts on what might be moveable to the charger. thanks for commenting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts