Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question and I can't find it in the manual. I am leaving the car for a while and going to put a trickle charger on it. Can I use the posts in the front of the car for charging or do I hook up directly to the battery in the trunk?
Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Battery

I use Deltran Junior battery tender's.
I would NOT put a trickle charger on it, as it will tend to over charge.
You can get them on Amazon or E-Bay, for approx. $25. Includes 3 seperate leads, to use to connect direct to battery.
I ASSume you could use the posts, in the engine bay, too. NOT sure though.
I suggest hooking it direct to the battery.
Plug-in and walk away, then when you come back, you will have a fully charged battery.
Been using them for year's and average life of battery, for me, has extended to 10yrs. +, service !!
Well worth the money ....................

·
Registered
2020 300S 5.7L, Alloy Edition, Black on Black
92 Posts
An old thread but timeless topic. Keep in mind a standard battery charger and/or the car's alternator only charge the battery to 80% capacity. For the last 20%, a 'smart charger' is needed to keep from damaging the battery.

With 'flooded' (lead - acid) batteries, it is desirable to use a Smart Charger periodically for preventative maintenance. Why? Keeps the internal battery plates cleaner. I usually perform this maintenance item quarterly.

Thanks to Brokenbone above for bringing up the topic of 'smart chargers'. Deltran is one of many manufacturers of Smart Chargers.
Product Hand tool Tool Font Cable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts