Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lightning bolt turns on when key is in ON position then turns off after a few seconds. Then the Check Engine light blinks about 10 times then stays solid. When I turn key to turn car on it tries to ignite but doesn't start and all lights dim. Has basically brand new Starter, Radiator, Oil compartment, and Brand New Battery. Code reader doesn't register any codes. I'm told it may be my throttle body. When I step on accelerator it doesn't open but would that cause the car not to start? When my car broke down there was no more acceleration to the car. Really would like help with this issue. I'm gonna have my friend come by with his volt tester and check my battery and fuses. Thank you for your time and response hopefully I can get my car running again...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Check your coolant level, and check your oil for signs of water/coolant contamination. You may have a failed water pump gasket and your engine could be hydrolocked.

If you can, you should check for DTCs with an advanced scantool. A code reader will not give you the whole picture.

Have you checked for spark and fuel pressure?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your coolant level, and check your oil for signs of water/coolant contamination. You may have a failed water pump gasket and your engine could be hydrolocked.

If you can, you should check for DTCs with an advanced scantool. A code reader will not give you the whole picture.

Coolant level is fine and there is no sign of water or coolant in the oil or on the dip stick.

When I step on the accelerator I have found that the throttle body does not open in any way. Will be looking into more detail with my mechanic friend when he comes by tomorrow and check fuses, power levels, etc.

Have you checked for spark and fuel pressure?
Will be having my mechanic friend bring his advanced scan tool tomorrow and will be checking on the spark and fuel pressure as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts