Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I tinted my tails and need to have a pro put on clear coat to get that glossy look you cant get from a rattle can, So i took my car to a body shop and they quoted me 100$ to do both, that seem a little exspensive to me, all other body shops in my town (Lynchburg VA) wont do it because they arent familiar with the product I used to tint them (VHT Night Shades) and since they have to offer a lifetime garuntee on all their paint they arent comfortable doing it. One guy recomended Colors On Parade, has anyone tried this, does anyone have a solution for me? Thanks Guys!

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Okay so I tinted my tails and need to have a pro put on clear coat to get that glossy look you cant get from a rattle can, So i took my car to a body shop and they quoted me 100$ to do both, that seem a little exspensive to me, all other body shops in my town (Lynchburg VA) wont do it because they arent familiar with the product I used to tint them (VHT Night Shades) and since they have to offer a lifetime garuntee on all their paint they arent comfortable doing it. One guy recomended Colors On Parade, has anyone tried this, does anyone have a solution for me? Thanks Guys!
Don't know about Colors on Parade, but the clear you need is a urethane based clear with hardener..........I am sure if you offered the body shop to waive the warranty, in writing, they would do it. $100 seems a little steep, but if they are the only one that will do it.........

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
If you can shoot the nightshade you should be able to shoot the clear coat. If you don't have the equipment check this set up, the very first picture in this thread is what I used. The Preval spray rig worked great for me and it was relatively cheap.

http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65899

Hell, Lynchburg is only about 4 hours from me. That sounds like a good Saturday drive.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can shoot the nightshae you should be able to shoot the clear coat. If you don't have the equipment check this set up, the very first picture in this thread is what I used. The Preval spray rig worked great for me and it was relatively cheap.

http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65899

Hell, Lynchburg is only about 4 hours from me. That sounds like a good Saturday drive.
How much did that sprayer and clear coat set you back? yea im always down for a trip towards the beach.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Time's like this I'm glad I have a paint booth and gun availible to me, just wish I had time to go on post and actually use it.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Time's like this I'm glad I have a paint booth and gun availible to me, just wish I had time to go on post and actually use it.
Youre lucky, you ssaid u were gonna be in fairfax? when?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah I used to live in fairfax for a bit, I'm up at fort drum for at least another year (that's where the paint booth is)
Oh gotcha, I used to live in ithaca

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Small world, I partied a few times in Ithaca. I swear when I get home I'm gonna spend damn near every other weekend in the booth. The wife's car is going to be my test mule, and once I get it down to a science screwing up her car I'll put a proper BB coat down without the factory orange peel.

Edit: not sure if you know any dudes stationed at Belvoir, but I'm pretty most army posts have a car care center and possibly a booth. Then it's just a matter of buying the good clear and getting your friend to tag along so you can mooch off his army perks.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
How much did that sprayer and clear coat set you back? yea im always down for a trip towards the beach.
I can't remember right now, but I can stop at the paint store tomorrow and find out for you.

I was thinking more of coming out to your area and shooting them for you.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't remember right now, but I can stop at the paint store tomorrow and find out for you.

I mean if your trying to drive all that way, but id feel bad you rolling all that way to spray a couple coats of clear.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This is why I can't wait to move back to the DC area. Lot's of cool members around you man.
Yea I would like to meet some of, thatd be an added bonus

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I saw Daves mirror covers and door handles an they definitely look like they were professionally sprayed.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
I mean if your trying to drive all that way, but id feel bad you rolling all that way to spray a couple coats of clear.
It wouldn't be a problem really. It's just a hop, skip and a jump for me.. Besides, its only 3 hours 43 minutes / 192.76 miles. When I got my headers I drove down to Myrtle Beach and back on the same day. It took me about 12 hours but it was worth it. No need to feel bad about it, I do it cause I love to drive. LOL I'll PM you the price on that sprayer and the clear when I get off work....

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It wouldn't be a problem really. It's just a hop, skip and a jump for me.. Besides, its only 3 hours 43 minutes / 192.76 miles. When I got my headers I drove down to Myrtle Beach and back on the same day. It took me about 12 hours but it was worth it. No need to feel bad about it, I do it cause I love to drive. LOL I'll PM you the price on that sprayer and the clear when I get off work....
Dave! Your the FUTHER MUCKIN MAN! :rep:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts