Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s happenin’ er’body?! 😂

I need help bad!!! I got front end clunking noises. 110k on the speedo. Sounds like my suspension is about to fall apart, or my engine is hopping off the mount!

Now the thing is? I changed everything that has to do with suspension components. I mean links, tie rods, bushings on the torsion bar, control arms, struts and shocks. The only original part is the knuckle. I just replaced the engine mounts. The tranny mount is next. That clunking is still there!!!

Anybody got an idea what’s happening here?

Please help!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When you figure it out, let me know. I have a 300C and a Charger R/T Blacktop with the same issue.

The only things I can think of at this point are caliper slide pins, or possibly bearings, although I did do one side of the R/T because it seemed a bit loose...no difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you figure it out, let me know. I have a 300C and a Charger R/T Blacktop with the same issue.

The only things I can think of at this point are caliper slide pins, or possibly bearings, although I did do one side of the R/T because it seemed a bit loose...no difference.
Thanks CtCarl! This is about to drive me cray! 😜

·
Registered
60 Posts
What’s happenin’ er’body?! 😂

I need help bad!!! I got front end clunking noises. 110k on the speedo. Sounds like my suspension is about to fall apart, or my engine is hopping off the mount!

Now the thing is? I changed everything that has to do with suspension components. I mean links, tie rods, bushings on the torsion bar, control arms, struts and shocks. The only original part is the knuckle. I just replaced the engine mounts. The tranny mount is next. That clunking is still there!!!

Anybody got an idea what’s happening here?

Please help!
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the group I was always taught cheapest fix first, go under the car start tightening all the bolts and nuts make sure nothing is loose I'm going to be doing that to my car in the next week or so I would try that first it might help a bit

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hum, transmission support do a rubber rubbing kind of noise when taking sharp turns. I don't remember mine clinking. I also had some trouble with my suspension. ( I think we all do after a while), After I change almost everything and started to get frustrated I got the car in for alignment. Mechaninc did a very good job and point to me my Torsion bar bushing in the front is what does the clunking I was looking for. Well after replacing them it went away. Not saying any other part can't clunk. If you have not change the Ball joint ( lower and Upper ) you might want to check those also. You will need a press to get the lower out. If you can tell me more details I might be able to help more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hum, transmission support do a rubber rubbing kind of noise when taking sharp turns. I don't remember mine clinking. I also had some trouble with my suspension. ( I think we all do after a while), After I change almost everything and started to get frustrated I got the car in for alignment. Mechaninc did a very good job and point to me my Torsion bar bushing in the front is what does the clunking I was looking for. Well after replacing them it went away. Not saying any other part can't clunk. If you have not change the Ball joint ( lower and Upper ) you might want to check those also. You will need a press to get the lower out. If you can tell me more details I might be able to help more.
Technoplume,

thanks for your input, I think you missed my second paragraph. I did that to. I replaced my suspension system already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Craigbrooklyn74,

that’s where I come from also. Cheapest first. I’m old school. Thanks for the tip though. I hear the 300 is known for the clunking, but I haven’t found anyone who discovered more than what I already completed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
in local traffic bumps and potholes make my car clunky but on the highway I feel nothing or hear nothing just the unevenness of the road nyc roads are horrible including the highways

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issue on my 17' 300 hemi. I've replaced everything except for the actual stut mounts. Doing it as I'm posting this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same issue on my 17' 300 hemi. I've replaced everything except for the actual stut mounts. Doing it as I'm posting this.
I just discovered the radiator is loose. I can shake it with my hand!!! It sounds like that could be the issue. Right now I’m deciding to buy a whole new radiator just because it’s a Chrysler and it’s over 100k, or just replace the bushings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts