Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed all the control arms, both inner and out tie rods, Sway bar bushings, stabilizer bar. While it has gotten better it still clunks. When I come to stop and turn the steering wheel more than halfway around it clunks once and it won't clunk again until I move the car forward a little.

It also clunked when I came to a stop, launched the car, or went over my driveway hump and I did the test where the car is In drive and you hold the breaks and then give it some gas where it would clunk. It turned out the motor mounts were completely shot. I replace the motor mounts and tranny mounts and the clunking from coming to a stop, launching the car, or going over my driveway hump stopped; it still clunks from doing the brake and gas test. Is it supposed to make noise from that regardless? It definitely moves significantly less now though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It also clunked when I came to a stop, launched the car, or went over my driveway hump and I did the test where the car is In drive and you hold the breaks and then give it some gas where it would clunk. It turned out the motor mounts were completely shot. I replace the motor mounts and tranny mounts and the clunking from coming to a stop, launching the car, or going over my driveway hump stopped; it still clunks from doing the brake and gas test. Is it supposed to make noise from that regardless?
No.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts