Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2015 300 S V6 and would like to start on the performance upgrades. A cold air intake is first on my list possibly followed by a chip in the future. Which brands might be the best bang for my buck? I really would prefer Plastic tubing versus aluminum/metal due to the hot summer temperatures in Texas But I’d be willing to try one out if it has good reviews. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have K&N on my car, plastic tube, huge filter, love it.
Also came with my car though so I didn't research much.
Has a louder intake sound at WOT and according to performance pages air intake temp is only 2 degrees Celsius warmer than outside air in city driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought a 2015 300 S V6 and would like to start on the performance upgrades. A cold air intake is first on my list possibly followed by a chip in the future. Which brands might be the best bang for my buck? I really would prefer Plastic tubing versus aluminum/metal due to the hot summer temperatures in Texas But I’d be willing to try one out if it has good reviews. Thanks
If you already bought the k&n good choice. Adds a great sound and maybe 5 horsepower, but the woosh sound is worth the $250! You mention "chip" I hope you are actually referring to a Diablo Tuner! Don't buy any "special chip" there is only one thing special is how full of sh#$ the places selling them are! Congrats on the 300 hope you love it as much as I love mine.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had CAI on my list for a while and rereading the sticky in the older V6 forum. I'm not convince anymore that CAI actually gives any improvement.

You can see from the Dyno test that you get a nice boost when the engine is cold, but has soon you stress the engine and heat get in the CAI, you actually see a drop in HP.

Until I see better testing, I will keep my 250$ in my pocket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys I’m new to all this and I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2014 300 3.6 and wanted to add some mods. I really want to increase HP performance and fuel efficiency. I’m not looKing for a loud roar but a nice sound. Do I need headers and exhaust and a tuner and all these other things I’ve been hearing about? Any suggestions.

·
Administrator
410 Posts
Hi guys I’m new to all this and I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2014 300 3.6 and wanted to add some mods. I really want to increase HP performance and fuel efficiency. I’m not looKing for a loud roar but a nice sound. Do I need headers and exhaust and a tuner and all these other things I’ve been hearing about? Any suggestions.
About the only real HP adder I've seen for the 3.6 is a supercharger. You can't add headers as the exhaust manifold is part of the heads. You can get a tuner with a custom tune and wake up the 3.6 but it's not a lot of HP but mostly removal of traction control.

·
Registered
22 Posts
And that supercharger is quite pricey huh? Ok so a CAI system in on my list but i feel like I should probably add something to the intake.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Was driving last night and getting off a stop sing, I notice the G force pick up around 3000 rpm, and this forum came in my mind. Since the car seem to have low power under 3000 rpm, a supercharger seen to be a good choice. would cover the low power at low rpm. There's not much turbocharger around also for that engine, and last time I saw the tread in the forum it went around the same price has the supercharger. CAI, flash and new exhaust seen to gibe it a little more pep from what i read in the past.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Using Diablo Sport device you can change Octane setting, spark and transmission shifting window. Lot of people report it change the car a lot. Void any warranty !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh that must be that tuning device I’ve been seeing all over YouTube. Is that healthy for the car switching the octane?
Ok so someone like me who is just looking to have his car look,sound and perform a little better would go with CAI, catch can, and a tune ?
But that diablo is nearly the price of the mopar CAI. Is that the only way to tune the car

·
Registered
459 Posts
Getting more technical,
With different Gaz Octane and air mixture you need to reach a different compression - mixture of air and gaz, temperature where you time the spark plug to ignite the mixture, providing a better more powerful explosion.

The Diablo sport have already tested settign and can modify your computer in the car by flashing the software with more accurate timings for Octane and air system on the car you use. In older days where flashing was not possible people swap the computer chip with a different software inside.

An other thing you can do with the Diablo sport is change when the transmission computer shift gear. for example the current setting on the car are made for daily driving with in mind fuel economy, and sometimes abuse a little the gaz. The computer determine when the gear shift happens, So if it's in a save gaz mode, it might shift at 2500 rpm, but when you give it more gaz it will shift higher near the max HP windows to give good acceleration. By changing the setting, your daily drive might be, 3500 rpm is when the car shift gear, meaning you always get that power feeling.

It's a lot more complicated then that, I do not recommend to do this alone. Diablo sport can build custom Firmware to be flash in the car if you have special equipment, but they have Base firmware to flash your car to what most people use, like go from 87 to 91 or 93 octane gaz. CAI installed or not etc etc, you can also modify wheel size diameter to re calibrate speed gauge and many more things.

Even if my explanation is more accurate this time, it is a general explanation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lot of people asking about CAI this week, I went back in the forum and dig this tread for you all

https://www.300cforumz.com/threads/v6-intake-testing.68484/

lot of good info there, I remember an other tread similar that might be older, do a little search or it might be on a different forum. LX forum maybe
Thank you so much. I’m stating to understand a bit more how all this works. So technically I can just tune the car without even modifying it?
That diablo tuner is pretty pricey wth

·
Registered
22 Posts
Using Diablo Sport device you can change Octane setting, spark and transmission shifting window. Lot of people report it change the car a lot. Void any warranty !
I’ve been meaning to ask about that tuning. What exactly does the changing the octane grade and is it harmful for the car. That Diablo device has one pretty hefty price tag

·
Registered
459 Posts
Higher Octane make the fuel more resistant to ignition under pressure. It means that the fuel should not ignite before it reach the perfect compression in the cylinder chamber. I don't think it would be harmful to change the Octane setting it would only make the car run better and give it a few HP maybe. The engine is set to 89 Octane, this means if you use higher octane it will not ignite by itself, technically.

By tuning the engine for higher octane you just delay the ignition a fraction of sec later to take advantage of the higher compression you can reach with higher Octane gaz.

Concerning the Diablo device, there are knock off out there, I would only buy from certified dealers like they say on there web site. Also the price tags cover the research and testing they did in the past to give you modify setting that where tested on the road.

You might be able to find a garage that already has one IDK how they would charge for a flash job. But it's probably lower then buying it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone. This is my first forum ,so please be patient. I got a 2016 300c with the 3.6 wanted to keep any mods i do to this car Mopar brand . I see Mopar has a front strut tower bar for 300 but NOT one with the 3.6 v-6 , I was told the one for the 5.7 will hit my intake! Does anyone know of one that will fit? Would like it from mopar but i think that ship has sailed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts