Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to forum and 3 day new owner of a used 2017 300s 5.7L Hemi black paint. I want to make it awesome and sound like a beast.

I was looking at starting with cold air intake and cannot determine which to get. I am uneducated with car things. Was looking at airaid, k&n, and a corsa. Cannot determine which one to go with reviews kinda state all are good. So thought I would ask y'all. This has probably been asked before also. Sorry.

Wade

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you are just looking for noise and don't mind warm engine compartment air, a $70 eBay universal "CAI" will do just as well as the others.

If you're looking for (very slightly) improved performance, you'll want one that actually draws outside air. Two decent (but expensive) options would be either a Legmaker True V2 CAI or a Hellcat airbox with snorkle. You'll need to take the bumper cover off to get the Hellcat snorkel installed, but on the plus side, you could probably buy just the snorkel and cut a hole in your stock airbox to connect it.

I don't know if you'd be interested in an easier, lower-cost option, but you can pop off your front splash guard and remove your intake silencer. The jury is still out on whether or not this really lets in more outside air, but at least it doesn't admit warm engine compartment air. And it will give you a bit more growl.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that information. Legmaker scares me lol. I dont wanna be cutting things. But definitely seems like a badass system and provides a much cleaner look under hood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea gonna do some review on Google and watch some videos then make a decision. I like your ideas tho thank u!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello,

I am new to forum and 3 day new owner of a used 2017 300s 5.7L Hemi black paint. I want to make it awesome and sound like a beast.

I was looking at starting with cold air intake and cannot determine which to get. I am uneducated with car things. Was looking at airaid, k&n, and a corsa. Cannot determine which one to go with reviews kinda state all are good. So thought I would ask y'all. This has probably been asked before also. Sorry.

Wade
when you add parts to your car since its computer driven if it messes with the engine management system so you have to program your car to the changes since its not going to get the proper readings

·
Registered
146 Posts
when you add parts to your car since its computer driven if it messes with the engine management system so you have to program your car to the changes since its not going to get the proper readings
The OP's 300 is self-driving? I don't know how I missed that.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Best CAI review I saw on for the 300 had 4 in the list. They provided good boost on the 1st run. But actually decrease the power on the 2nd and 3rd run. The trick is really to get cold air in the engine. When the engine got hot on the Dyno, even with the hood open and the fan, they didn't provide what was expected. Well ofc it was on the dyno. My choice I would go with K&N, they can be found almost every where, and last a long time. They end mostly 2nd and 3rd best all the time. And most 1st position disappear over time. But they are not cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts