Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little confused, I need to add some coolant to the car 2007 300 with the 3.5. I picked up some Prestone GM DEX-COOL concentrate. Is this compatable with my car?
Thanks Jim

·
Registered
397 Posts
that's a good question, I would look the user manual and buy the same product.

Back in the days, coolant used to be all the same, now they started to have there own product from manufacturer, kind of a trap to make ppl go to there stealer ship to have coolant at over price tags, cause they use a special additive etc.

If they are not the same color I would not mix them. But that's not a general rule. I have seen at work on Diesel engine someone mix the same color coolant, and for a weird reason it turn in to a jello type texture. very bad. I don't think would happen in a normal car, has the veh came from Europe.

without knowing what is already in there, it's going to be hard to say

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's a good question, I would look the user manual and buy the same product.

Back in the days, coolant used to be all the same, now they started to have there own product from manufacturer, kind of a trap to make ppl go to there stealer ship to have coolant at over price tags, cause they use a special additive etc.

If they are not the same color I would not mix them. But that's not a general rule. I have seen at work on Diesel engine someone mix the same color coolant, and for a weird reason it turn in to a jello type texture. very bad. I don't think would happen in a normal car, has the veh came from Europe.

without knowing what is already in there, it's going to be hard to say

What about this product from prestone?
http://www.autozone.com/antifreeze-radiator-additives-and-windshield-wash-fluid/antifreeze/prestone-antifreeze-and-coolant/525501/#tab-reviews&plckReviewKey=ee606d18-c093-484b-b991-9b81044b84c1

·
Registered
426 Posts
I would use only Mopar coolant...that way you can be absolutely CERTAIN that there are no compatibility issues.
If you only need to add a bit, you can also just add water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts