Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS,
im running high temps, even though i installed the "JET" BRAND 180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT...
I got a predator tuner but i'm not hooking it up to my car anymore (bad pcm experience, wound up buying a refurbed one ).

SO...... is there another way to trick or alter the fan-temp senser to read higher to activate fans ????

·
Registered
504 Posts
hi, how old is the liquid,
The sensor is probably base on voltage or amp, depending on a certain value it will trigger a binary switch and/or a relay. You could always add a resistance to modify the voltage/amp.
For that you would need the electric diagram to determine the values.

A second option I can think, you could manually bypass the sensor whit a switch you could start yourself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, how old is the liquid,
The sensor is probably base on voltage or amp, depending on a certain value it will trigger a binary switch and/or a relay. You could always add a resistance to modify the voltage/amp.
For that you would need the electric diagram to determine the values.

A second option I can think, you could manually bypass the sensor whit a switch you could start yourself.

Thank you for that... I like first idea and second ideas..... Not sure how to calculate resistor to increase 20 degrees more...

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 for toggle switch and adjustable fan thermostat to engage fan.

This way, theres no risk of killing your battery by leaving the switch "on".

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm electrically skilled, can someone direct me to a "fan thermostat" ???....
Not familiar with these.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I haven't done electrical math in a while also, my lazy solution would be to use a variable resistance, so that you can actually adjust it any time you want.

sound like a good idea but I wont say it could not have bad effect on the original circuit. Add a fuse in there for safety :3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts