Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a firefighter / EMT and I'm looking to keep the interior of my car as clean as humanly possible and I don't want tacky fire equipment all over inside... Neither does the wife. :p So.... I need help from anyone that knows anything about dismantling the interior of the newer style Chrysler 300s as this is what I'm doing...

To get a finished product similar to this...

Please! Any input and help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure how this part of the center console comes out and I don't want to start ripping on the new car. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it certainly doesn't just pull out toward you like it used to in other models... The woodgrain shifter cover is inline with it and that part would have to be pulled off in order to even try. I tried pulling up on that piece and it lifted a little bit but made creaking noises, so I'm just a bit too nervous to try prying harder on stuff like that. I guess I'll either get ballsier and try again or just wait for someone to do it first and then answer my question with confidence. lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found out from another forum...

Not hard you just have to know what to remove first

First you have to remove the shifter knob . using a thin flat head screwdriver pry between the leather part and the chrome ring pushing doen on the chrome ring . the shifter will seperate and the chrome ring will slid down . now to remove the shifter there us a small black clip that meeds to be pulled out just below the front of the shifter below the leather handle part. once you pull the clip the handle just sids off the metal shaft. once that is off you will need a fiber stick or other non metal pry tool and pry in between the top conole wood cover and the back near the cup holder . the shifter plate is just held in place with snap in clips no screws. so pry up at the back then along the sides till the shifter cover is free and put aside . now you will see the 2 screws that hold the cubby /power outlet in its place, remove the 2 screws and you then grab hold of the bottom of the cubby and pull it out of the dash again it also has metal clips holding it in place . so your going to have to pull with some force . and there you go .
[/QUOTE]

:smileup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.