Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally had a few days off to get one of these wings casted.

Unfortunately my mold sat in the garage to long and became warped from all the heat so I have to create a new one but I spent the day thinning out the wing and sanding and sanding till I had blisters all of my fingers lol.

Got a few coats of primer on their to look for defects so need to do a bit of touching up and then I can start working on the back of it and get it ready for mounting.

PS: I added the center oval piece from an original OEM wing to ensure that emblem fits super snug. Couldn't get the right shape I wanted so I scrapped the inside of my oval and mounted the OEM one from behind.

Anyways....On with the pictures

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
Congrats on a unique mod . Should look great installed , perhaps even illuminated with a clear emblem or plexi led underlay .

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
Dude, that wasn't cool! Even if you don't like the design, give the guy some props for making something different! I know I couldn't do something like that!

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Wing looks good man...cant wait to see it finished and installed.
Jrod if you can hand make something that looks better lets see it?
Thats what I thought...if you wanna bad mouth peoples mods your on the wrong forum.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I remember this wing, nice to see some progress pic's. Looking forward to seeing it installed. Keep up the good work. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys

Need to do a bit more cleaning up on the backside of it and then attach some prongs and 3M double tape, paint it and should be ready for mounting.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wow, I mean really wow... That looks freakin awesome... you said you have a ,old, um...wanna share :Hey:? LOL.
That would be color matched right? That would give it a sick flow! (LOL, never really used that word till I joined the Z)
anyway, Wing is Hawt!:smiledown:

Dude, that wasn't cool! Even if you don't like the design, give the guy some props for making something different! I know I couldn't do something like that!
Wing looks good man...cant wait to see it finished and installed.
Jrod if you can hand make something that looks better lets see it?
Thats what I thought...if you wanna bad mouth peoples mods your on the wrong forum.
Hey guys, JRod is not a bad guy, he does things for shock value. I've seen his crap post on the other forum, usually kept himself banned :)hah:LOL), but he does it for shock value.:shakehead:

Don't feed into it, half of me wants to say he's really not a bad guy :4-dontknow:but the other half wants to say we're fortunate he's only posted 10 times (when I posted this) since April of 2008 :i_rolleyes:....

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
There are more socially acceptable ways of expressing your opinion on something other than stating it so bluntly. It's obviously not appreciated by many of us on this forum, hence his now negative rep. Tim did a good job here, whether it's your taste or not. The effort should be recognized.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Initially I thought it didn't look good but now lookin at it primered it's growing on me. Can't wait to see it on your CV.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE

Or lack there of, finally finished up working on some of my other projects and am revisiting this one to complete it.

Here it is to date,

and a rough mounting on my car

Ordered a new batch of mold material this week. So now I just need to attach the "prongs" to the back of the wing for the proper fitment, and then begin the process of molding the wing. Should be able to pull a fresh wing out and try and few different colors here very shortly.

-Tim

1 - 20 of 44 Posts