Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
2 week ago I went for MVI inspection and when I got to the Mechanic, the battery died in the parking lot. So he had to boost my car to get it in ( yeah I had a feeling it was coming. ) So inspection is A ok, new battery I leave and go back home.
But then I notice my day light are not turning on any more, I always have the light switch on AUTO and has far has I can remember the day light always came on. When I turn the light to manual they all work fine. So I'm wondering if I dream that part. The manual does say there is a Day Light system, I'll have to check my hand brake.

I check all the fuse so far and change 2 bulb cause I tough they where bad.

What you guys think ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If by "Day Light" you mean DRLs, the only thing I can think of is that for some unknown reason, your BCM lost the "enable DRL" setting when the battery died.

If it were me, I'd scan the car with AlfaOBD (Appcar's DiagFCA would work just as well) and verify. If so, that's a quick, easy and free fix.

If you aren't familiar with those programs, just take it back to the mechanic. Explain that you lost your DRLs when he changed the battery, and ask him to please toggle them back on, if he has a scantool with that capability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts