Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm looking at picking up some of the deal touch up paint in the spray can format and was wondering if anyone could suggest a clear coat to use with it.... I don't really want to get into why or what it's for as that will come later.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
I use the dealer clear coat also....its ALOT better than the duplicolor stuff from the parts store

You know by saying you dont want to get into why or where we have to ask?Why...where?

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
really? I guess I'll give dealer clear a try. Always been using duplicolor ones

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
The best most durable clear coats will not come from a spray can.........they have no hardener and will wear off in a year or so, depending on the application.......

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
thanks for that tid bits Moose.
No prob...............I have heard that there is a clear with hardener available in a spray can. It works like one of those Chemical lights I guess, there is something that has to be broken or something to allow the hardener into the clear. It is obviously only for a single use though, and would probably be cost prohibitive for small projects. I think it was somewhere above $30 for 1 can. I can't remember if I ever found it though. My paint guy was the one told me about it............

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so pip what are you type of clear are you using .... cause I want to get it to turn out like those siiiicckkk side markers.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
I would probably stick to regluar clear spray can since ohter way would mean having to buy spraying kits and what not.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
I order all my stuff from automotive touchup.

If you do order mopar spray paint, remember they are tiny cans. Not full size, I think they are 4 oz or 6 oz cans compared to standard 12 oz cans.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if you go down to your local automotive paint supply store, youu can get an aerosol kit in which you can use actual automotive paint like ppg or dupont and fill up the can provided in the kit and spray quality paints and clears, the advantage to doing this is you can take your gas door off and give it to them and they can match the paint exact to you car, because paint fades over time the color you have on your car may be a shade different than the new paint

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
300joe, I have talked with my local shop and will be stopping by on Sat to check out what they can do for me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

So the clear coat the pips use is super crazy good stuff that I would probably screw up ....... well that doesn't surprise me in the least, I will attempt to avoid that like the plague then ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts