Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals , so I’ wondering if anyone has tried doing a mid muffler delete on their 3.6 Pentastar true dual x -pipe exhaust, leaving the rear resonators on and replacing the mid mufflers with aftermarket vibrant (or something like that) resonators? Really just looking to see if that might work to get a nice low exhaust note with NO drone . I have been stuck in the drone zone before and it sucked 😀 Right now I’m running with magnaflow magnapacks and stock rear resonators ( put them back on after original reso delete + magnaflows sounded awesome but killed me with cabin drone ). Now it’s just too darn quiet 🤫. Thanks all!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you've got round Magnapacks in there now and it's not loud enough for you, I don't think you're likely to be happy with a different round muffler like a Vibrant. Granted, Vibrants (or someone else's bottle mufflers) are typically shorter, so there may be some difference in sound, but not a whole lot.

Have you tried a muffler delete? Personally, I don't think the Pentastar sounds that great with a muffler delete, but it's quick, cheap, easy, and reversible. If it's still not loud enough for you, at least you'll know that swapping to a different muffler isn't going to work for you.

Personally, I would have suggested going with something like a Solo Performance catback. They're very popular on the Charger forums, and they're the only aftermarket solution that replaces the restrictive resonators with adjustable J-pipes to eliminate drone.

But since you've already hacked up your factory dual exhaust, there's no harm in trying a muffler delete first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, I already tried a muffler delete and left the rear resonators on , it sounded terrible , like a dirt bike . I then replaced the mufflers with magnaflows and deleted the rear resonators but the drone was terrible, made the car undriveable . So I put the rear resonators back on. Drone is gone but it’s pretty quiet. I wonder if I could maybe replace the rear resonators with the vibrant resonators and hopefully not have any drone but I don’t want to keep dropping money in for stuff that doesn’t work the way I’d hoped. Maybe I should just save for the Solo Performance cat back . Ugh

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don’t want to keep dropping money in for stuff that doesn’t work the way I’d hoped. Maybe I should just save for the Solo Performance cat back . Ugh
I hear you.

The only other thing I can suggest...I've done it on a 5.7 and I'm very happy with it...is to mod your resonators for a little more sound.

I have no idea how it'll sound on a Pentastar, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts