Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demolded my 06 Limited today, I had no issues and the paint looks new, my ride has 74k on it and it is not garage kept. You can see just a very slight line where the tape was affixed, but overall it looks a hundred times better without mold. I think if I broke out my buffer I could have gotten rid of it completely, but the scratchx 2.0 with the applicator pad did a good job. I just followed the instructions of a "how to" from this forum, and about three hours later (wash, 3m adhesive remover, scratchx, polish, and wax) my ride looks money. So those thinking about demolding. Demold that bitch.... Check it out.....

Attachments

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Looks great! These cars always look better without mold on them. ;) Glad you found the info on the Knowledge Base helpful!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Demolded my 06 Limited today, I had no issues and the paint looks new, my ride has 74k on it and it is not garage kept. You can see just a very slight line where the tape was affixed, but overall it looks a hundred times better without mold. I think if I broke out my buffer I could have gotten rid of it completely, but the scratchx 2.0 with the applicator pad did a good job. I just followed the instructions of a "how to" from this forum, and about three hours later (wash, 3m adhesive remover, scratchx, polish, and wax) my ride looks money. So those thinking about demolding. Demold that bitch.... Check it out.....
Newb here!

I just bought the same products you have in the pic, just wondering where I can find that "how to" instructions you mentioned. I did a search but couldn't find it. I hope I can do as good a job as you did. Your car looks great.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thats the thread

Aha found just what I was looking for right here http://www.300cforumz.com/showthread.php?t=3656
Glad you found the thread. Just take your time, it also helps if the door is warm/hot from the sun, of course you sweat buns off but the adhesive does come off easier. Once the molding is off take a microfiber cloth, wet it with the adhesive remover and lightly rub the area that still has adhesive. It will take it off and leave the paint nice and smooth. Then you're ready to start polishing and waxing. Good Luck.... Pics when you're done.

Also, thanks to all for the good comments, amazing what a little elbow grease does, however next time I will probably use my P&C 7424..LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad you found the thread. Just take your time, it also helps if the door is warm/hot from the sun, of course you sweat buns off but the adhesive does come off easier. Once the molding is off take a microfiber cloth, wet it with the adhesive remover and lightly rub the area that still has adhesive. It will take it off and leave the paint nice and smooth. Then you're ready to start polishing and waxing. Good Luck.... Pics when you're done.

Also, thanks to all for the good comments, amazing what a little elbow grease does, however next time I will probably use my P&C 7424..LOL
Did you use a hair dry or another heat source? I've read about alot of people that have. It's supposed to be 85 here in NYC tomorrow so I'm gonna take my shot at it then. I have a feeling it won't be that much hotter anymore.

I still gotta get my hands on that 3M adhesive remover tonight. Just because Staples has whole aisle full of adhesives does not mean they sell adhesive remover...LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts