Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polished my lenses Wednesday, 1500 wet sand and hand polish with polishing compound and wax

while polishing the lenses I noticed the grille had a bit of oxidation, so I gave it a spritz of argent wheel paint so a full prep and mask wasn't necessary, came out great

don't know what others think of the Bentley inspired grille, but not my favorite. Since I rotated the tires I decided to paint my lug nuts black, I swapped the original 17" wheels (put on wife's intrepid) for a set of 18' 02-04 300M wheels with 90% tread tires ($300), originally considered chrome lug nuts, but liked the contrast between the bright wheels and unfinished lug nuts

scrubbed nuts with wire brush, put tissues in lug nuts to mask threads and several coats later

I am pretty happy with the result, even though I doubt anyone will notice other than myself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice work.

I had no idea that 300M wheels were the same specs as a RWD LX. I would have thought the offset would be way off.

Surprised they clear the brakes, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice work.

I had no idea that 300M wheels were the same specs as a RWD LX. I would have thought the offset would be way off.

Fit and function is absolutely perfect, and IMHO they look better than the ones offered optionally in 06, to me they look a bit like clown shoes on the 02-04 LH since it was designed with 16" wheels in mind

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice work.

You had me worried for a minute since I was doing the brakes today, I ran into a car years ago GM where the wheels no longer cleared after a brake job.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You had me worried for a minute since I was doing the brakes today, I ran into a car years ago GM where the wheels no longer cleared after a brake job.
I've never heard of that before. I'm was just surprised that the 300M wheels would clear the brakes on an LX.

Your 300 has the BR3 brakes, though. Now I'm curious as to whether the M wheels would fit a 5.7 with the larger BR5 brakes. Stock 18" Mopar rims are hard to find in decent shape, and the ability to use M wheels would be a nice option to have.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes ignorance is bliss, I picked them up in February, 19. The tires are actually stud less snow tires, but they had 90% tread and you can run them year round. $300 for the wheels and tires which look amazing on the car, plus I was planning on replacing my wife's tires that spring. The 17" wheels look really good on her intrepid to boot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the larger brake is 343mm, about an inch over the smaller size. I don't know how much more lateral size they require, but the clearance around mine are ample, don't know if you can gauge from the picture. $35 Bosch pads and a little spit and polish really looks nice behind the wheels

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks great! Now go put some Xpel film (or equivalent) on your headlights so you'll never have to sand & polish them again. Once they've been sanded and polished once, they turn yellow and crusty a lot faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts