Do I need to remove the intake manifold?

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by Nasher, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Nasher

Nasher New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2012
    Trim?:
    AWD 300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Hi everyone. New to this engine and have very little experience with Hemis in general. I have 2012 300 with the 5.7 hemi, I have the classic coolant outlet tube leak. I bought the part (05038501AA) after replacing the O ring and finding it still leaked.

With the position of the tube and it being metal it looks like I'll have to take off the engine intake manifold. I've never messed with that and was told I'd have to disconnect the fuel lines. I can't seem to find a guide on how to do it, so any help would be appreciated, especially if there's a way to do it without Taking off the fuel lines.

2. jkelly16

jkelly16 Hey y'all, watch this! Administrator Moderator

Vehicle:
    Challenger
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2009
    Trim?:
    Charger R/T
    Color?:
    Custom
    To relieve the fuel pressure pull the fuse or relay for the fuel pump and crank the car until it quits running/firing. Disconnect the fuel line from the rail and you should be able to pull the intake along with the injectors/rail all in one piece. There is a vacuum line under the back side of the intake you'll have to wiggle off that's kind of hard to get to.