Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips for removing a door ding. An as$hole coworker opened his door into my car! I was in the very last parking spot, and this jerk decides to park his avalanche next to me.

The ding is about the size of a nickel!

Any tips would help. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
IMO it isn't worth the chance of doing worse damage using one of those inexperienced. It can pull the dent out....but it can also make the dent a raised portion of metal also...worse than a normal dent then. For the $100 bucks that a dentless repair place will charge it isn't worth taking the chance.

·
Premium Member
8,220 Posts
IMO it isn't worth the chance of doing worse damage using one of those inexperienced. It can pull the dent out....but it can also make the dent a raised portion of metal also...worse than a normal dent then. For the $100 bucks that a dentless repair place will charge it isn't worth taking the chance.
I totally agree with you, U!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks guys, you make this forum what it is.....AWESOME. I don't think I could get answers this fast anywhere else!!!

·
Premium Member
34,041 Posts
There are many mobile dent places..just look online or in the yellow pages. I know in Toronto, Dent Wizard and Dent Doctor are pretty popular.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, the pic sucks but you can see the dent! It took a lot of will power for me not to retaliate with a sidekick to his door!

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
just find a paintless dent repair guy. it will be worth it in the long run. Make that asshole pay for it too.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
WOW...that's one impressive reflection you got going there!!!! Kinda reminds me of "E.T. phone home"

As for the dent...that sucks. Again, sorry to hear/see this happened. Hopefully some of the guys will have some good recommendations on Saturday as to where to take it to get replaced!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW...that's one impressive reflection you got going there!!!! Kinda reminds me of "E.T. phone home"

As for the dent...that sucks. Again, sorry to hear/see this happened. Hopefully some of the guys will have some good recommendations on Saturday as to where to take it to get replaced!
Yeah thanks Tracy, I didn't even think of that! It's nothing too big, just makes me look like I don't watch where I park! All of my friends laugh at me when I park out in BFE when we go anywhere.

Lol, pointing at it in the pic was the only way it would get the actual ding in the pic for some reason! ELLLIIOOOTTT (in ET voice)

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
First, kick his ass. Second, make him pay for it and take it to a pro.

This is the main, if only, reason I still have my moldings on.

A guy did this to my GFs car at the mall when we were sitting in it getting ready to leave. Just smashed his door right into hers and walked away. I'm not one to keep my mouth shut (ask the lady at lowes this weekend I cussed out for hitting my gf with a cart and not even saying "excuse me" or "sorry") so I got out and got his insurance info. I told him that he could either pay outta pocket to have it fixed or I could call his insurance and get his rates raised. He paid the $120 it took to get the dent out and get the scratch repaired.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts