Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the 300 forum. My 2006 300 driver's side seatbelt stopped working literally overnight. I've had the car for about a month and the driver's side seatbelt was working fine. I recently had my 300 serviced because the check engine light came on. The mechanic ended up replacing the coolant sensor and gasket. The check engine light was fixed. I drove the car home from the mechanic's shop, with my seatbelt on, and parked my car. The next day I came out to drive my car and the driver's side seatbelt would not move. It was stuck in the retracted position. I tried tugging on it and checked to see if something was jammed. Nothing!!! One day the seatbelt is working and the next day it doesn't. Something happened overnight and I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Seat Belt is 14 year old, so it's probably dirty or has normal wear. I would 1st see if a lubrication would make it move again. If not replace the belt, here an example,

You can probably find cheaper if you shop around, but for 80$ ask yourself if your safety is worth it ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts