Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello new here so ill just get to it thank you.
Ok I'm a part time mechanic now my friend broke her driveshaft the front driveshaft on her Chrysler 300 limited 3.5l v6 awd , now like I said it is the short one that goes fron the front transfercase to the transfercase to the longer rear driveshaft. Now every video I watch ( and still ain't found 1 that covers this problem its either rear driveshaft or cv joints so any 1 got a link greatly appreciated ) it says to mark the shaft and yokes or transfercase so as to put it back on same way because they are balanced. Well exactly how do I do this if I'm replacing the whole shaft, also she's ordering it from a online salvage place that says the ujoints come with it which is great seens how crysler has stopped making this part ( so my nearest crysler dealer told me) and well the parts stores can get me the shaft ( for a whooping 300$+) but no one can get me the ujoints as they come in a complete set from dealership (that is if they made them anymore) now my question is 2 parts 1-should I change the vib couplings on both ends of front driveshaft assembly? And 2- if I'm changing the whole shaft how do I be sure its going on "correctly" it being a balanced part and all is there a "zero" mark or a TDC type maneuver where I should line up all the the transfer case yokes together ? Any tips hints advice totally welcomed as this is my 1st time type problem on a all wheel drive car. Thank you and hope some sort of advice comes fast as the parts will be here in 2 days . Thank you again

1 - 1 of 1 Posts