Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been too long and i cant figure why i have these problems. 1st prb, i have the 10.1 uconnect touchscreen radio and my screen wont budge when touched most of the time, the regular buttons are intermittent as well(radio deck and buttons on steering wheel). Also, my backup camera wont pop up on screen , just turns black. 2nd prb, my electric drivers seat wont move any direction. Lastly, there is clicking noise that i cant find that happens wether power is on or off. I managed to see whats causing it but i have no idea what it is so i took video of it. Of course the video is too large to post here.......what should I do?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds like your HU is bad.

First thing to try is a factory reset through the Engineering menu. Check YouTube for instructions.

If you want to show a video, upload to YT or the file sharing site of your choice, and post the link here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like your HU is bad.

First thing to try is a factory reset through the Engineering menu. Check YouTube for instructions.

If you want to show a video, upload to YT or the file sharing site of your choice, and post the link here.
So after some research and looking at youtube i figured out a couple things. My bluetooth module is bad because i cant connect my devices to it at all anymore. So that seems to explain some the on screen functions not working but i also learned that it could be my screen needs replacing and maybe not the hu? I know I've checked fuses i took out my radio to see if any wires were damaged and thats all good. Looks like it might be screen because I saw several videos stating that if the screen isnt responding then it needs to replaced which isnt hard to do from what I've seen but i might be looking at $200 at least for that and the same for the bluetooth module.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So after some research and looking at youtube i figured out a couple things. My bluetooth module is bad because i cant connect my devices to it at all anymore. So that seems to explain some the on screen functions not working but i also learned that it could be my screen needs replacing and maybe not the hu? I know I've checked fuses i took out my radio to see if any wires were damaged and thats all good. Looks like it might be screen because I saw several videos stating that if the screen isnt responding then it needs to replaced which isnt hard to do from what I've seen but i might be looking at $200 at least for that and the same for the bluetooth module.
Replacing an 8.4 Uconnect screen and/or your Bluetooth (Telematics) module are pretty straightforward and used units are easy to find at reasonable prices. What I'm confused about is how you could have a 10.1 Uconnect. I'm pretty sure that's a brand new system and should be under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacing an 8.4 Uconnect screen and/or your Bluetooth (Telematics) module are pretty straightforward and used units are easy to find at reasonable prices. What I'm confused about is how you could have a 10.1 Uconnect. I'm pretty sure that's a brand new system and should be under warranty.
Ok i may have gotten the size wrong. Its definitely not under warranty as I've had this car since 2013 and do not have an extended warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts