Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the new e3 spark plugs on my 300c felt great until i tried to accelerate quickly at which point it starts to rev then the engine cuts out until you release the the pedal at which point it kicks back in! does anybody out there know why this is happening? i'm assuming it is misfiring. has anyone had this problem after installing e3's? and is there's a quick fix? I have a superchips programmer if that helps at all?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also a gang of codes came up im not a machanic and im not sure wut they all mean?
u0100 this one came up 3 times!
b2325
c2202
u140e
u140
u110b
u0164
p0520

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
I had that problem after changing out a set of plugs with NKG ...Finally had to take to the Dealer and they found that a plug was bad.

They put a set of stock plugs in and the problem solved . They said that they have seen problems like this before when using that brand , who knows but that solved the problem .

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Looks like you got some bad plugs, or they aren't gapped correctly. I'm also not sure if the C is sensitive with plugs as it is with oil. That picky MDS system might not like you're fancy plugs..lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had that problem after changing out a set of plugs with NKG ...Finally had to take to the Dealer and they found that a plug was bad.

They put a set of stock plugs in and the problem solved . They said that they have seen problems like this before when using that brand , who knows but that solved the problem .
Looks like you got some bad plugs, or they aren't gapped correctly. I'm also not sure if the C is sensitive with plugs as it is with oil. That picky MDS system might not like you're fancy plugs..lol.
I ended up calling the spark plug manufacturer and telling them the issues I was having . They told me it can't be the plugs and that if I wanted my money back I would have to pay for tests to prove that they were the cause of the problem and send them the results along with the plugs. So much for the " if your not 100% satisfied money back guarantee " on the box !!!!!lmfao . I ended up going back to stock plugs and it never happened again! Thats proof enough for me!!!! Now it may all just be in my head, but I swear I lost a lil hp after the ordeal!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My oil pressure sensor also fried and had to be replaced the day after I posted the original question! Coincidence ??? Lol probably

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've read that late model hemis can be picky on spark plugs. I've also read that stock style spark plugs are best for power, but other plugs can be better for long term durablilty. I'd try pulling the fuse (I can never remember what fuse number) to reset the computer. That should bring back any lost perfromance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts