engine swap

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7L' started by syscrash, Apr 16, 2017.

1. syscrash

syscrash New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2007
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Midnight Blue
    I have put a lot into the interior of my 2007 300C see Custom 300C. where I documented some of the changes. I would love to swap the engine for a 6.4 SRT engine. Even better would love to swap in the new hellcat engine. Having 707 hp in a 300c would. be the icing on the cake.

My question is. Living in Los Angeles how would you ever get a smog certificate since smog restrictions are tied to the original engine.

The other question is do you have to replace all the pcm modules. Are there companies out their that do that kind of swap on newer cars.

I have already changed to use the SRT brambo brakes. Mainly because I like the red calipers.

In the old days any speed shop could order you a create engine drop it in an away you go. How is it done now days.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
  2. syscrash

syscrash New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2007
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Midnight Blue
    I just saw this ad http://moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/16460/12670 for a complete hellcat engine. What concerns me is the mention the problem with it passing smog in California. How do custom car builders do it. Is there a way to get a 2007 300C to be reclassified as if it was a hellcat charger.