Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new member. I have an 2005 300C AWD 5.7 Hemi. I parked up on my drive 2 days ago after filling the tank up with petrol. I tried to start the car today but it just turned over. Removed the spark plug and there was a good spark. Removed the rubber inlet pipe in front of the throttle control (throttlecontrol working properly), squirted petrol in the inlet manifold and it started first time. Checked fuse on fuel pump and everything OK. Engine doesn't seem to be getting any petrol. Before I start looking at the pump has anyone experienced this problem and has got an easy answer. Many thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd throw a new fuse in anyway. Probably won't help a thing but a cheap try. Does the fuel pump have a relay that can be reset? Sometimes they have a relay that can be tripped, such as in a rollover accident, and it will shut off the fuel pump. This could have some how been tripped on your car. I don't even know if 300C's have them or not but just a cheap try if it does have one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dodgeman. I have already changed the fuse with no result. As far as I can discover, the pump relay is not the cut out type.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try turning the key to the on position without starting the car and see if you can hear the pump kick on for a few seconds. At least that way you know if you are getting power to the pump.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Try this procedure to see if you're getting any DTC codes:

...here's some more info on how to see if any codes have been set:

Checking For Error Codes:

Get in the car, close the door. Perform the following steps fairly quickly (less than 3 seconds):

Turn key to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON
then back to ACC
then to ON

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer. For instance an "INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH" error will set a code of P0113.

Once the codes have been displayed, you'll see "-----". If there are no trouble codes, the dashes will be the first item displayed.

After a few seconds, the display changes to "-dOnE-".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. performed procedure for D.T.C. codes P2174. P0158. P0113. P0157. appaered under system ok then done. can i find out what thay mean? i forgot to say i top fuel tank right up to the top, could this be the problem? ie. evaporator canister. thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Checked codes info.in the mean time disconnected battery to charge, reconnected battery old codes no longer showing, but two new ones P0463. P2068. Disconnected fuel pump under rear saet , reconnected pump while ignition on but no pump kick, no power to pump.The problem seems to happen after i filled the tank to the top.''top off'. could this have caused the pump to shut down? has anyone had this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You aren't suppose to fill the tank any further after it shuts off the first time. I doubt that it caused your problem though. It sounds like you need a fuel pump, but I'm not sure, it could be wiring or something else. Double check, I think there is a relay in the system some where. I'd make sure I was getting power at the pump before I replaced it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think my problem is P0627. fuel pump relay circuit, as i have no power to pump .I have changed relay and fuse, but still no power.Is this a dealer job wtith a''vin writable''"?Or something i could do thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How do you know you aren't getting power to the pump? Are you taking a voltmeter and checking it at the pump to see if you don't have any voltage?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Thanks. Checked codes info.in the mean time disconnected battery to charge, reconnected battery old codes no longer showing, but two new ones P0463. P2068. Disconnected fuel pump under rear saet , reconnected pump while ignition on but no pump kick, no power to pump.The problem seems to happen after i filled the tank to the top.''top off'. could this have caused the pump to shut down? has anyone had this problem? Thanks.
Under the passenger side rear wheelwell liner there is a carbon canister that the vent from the tanks go to (see attached pic). On this canister there is a switch that will kill power to your fuel pump if it senses liquid fuel. It's possible that after fueling up the car this switch got thrown. Just a thought. One thing for sure. Your car will not start if the fuel pump will not start...

If it were me I would jump a power wire directly to your fuel pump and validte it will run. If it runs, let it run and try and start the car. Ten you can chase the power back to where the problem is...

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Tim.My carbon canister has not got a cut out switch.just electric vacuum valve no petrol around.Left the plug in the pump and removed the outer cover of the power wire to it.run a direct live wire to that wire, the pump just kicked once an the jump wire got hot, sound"s like pump is us.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Thanks Tim.My carbon canister has not got a cut out switch.just electric vacuum valve no petrol around.Left the plug in the pump and removed the outer cover of the power wire to it.run a direct live wire to that wire, the pump just kicked once an the jump wire got hot, sound"s like pump is us.
Oops! I stand corrected... :shy: I read that they were connected someplace but I just looked through the service manual and can see that they are not. Sorry about that...

--

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like your are on the right track, at some point, its time to start throwing parts at it. Where are you from, I'm guessing not the U.S.?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts