Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an exhaust on their 300s? I'm thinking bout throwing a flow master fatback outlaw on it.
Also, is it possible to run somewhere between 450 amd 500 horses in a 300s?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Flowmaster Outlaw has a reputation for producing unpleasant drone in the Charger community. It's a very simple design with nothing to cancel out resonance, which is especially important in our cars due to the 5.7's MDS.

I have an OBX/Maximizer catback on my 300C and I'm happy with it. It was less than half the cost of the Outlaw and is all stainless. But it wouldn't fit your '17, and it's more of a "touring" exhaust anyway, probably too quiet for you.

In your situation, I'd probably replace the mid-mufflers with race bullets or some other straight-through round mufflers, or even straight (stainless steel) pipe. But I know that solution isn't sexy, because it doesn't involve spending a lot of money.

Since you're looking for more horsepower anyway, you could go for a set of shorty headers and a good-quality catback, like a Solo or a Corsa.

Together with a cam and a 6.1 or 6.4 intake, that setup will give you a nice boost in performance.

It wouldn't get you to 500 HP, but neither will anything else, short of nitrous or a supercharger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts