Chrysler 300 forum banner

Exhaust

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  CtCarl 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to this page. Just picked up 08 300c with apparently srt package from dealership. The guy I got it from said its got performance exhaust, performance suspension. I want to make it a bit louder, but not loud enough where I wake my kids and wife when I leave for work... I want a nice deep rumble. Don't wanna straight pipe it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure what you've got there. Looks like a regular 300C. It's possible that it's an SRT Design, but that's just an appearance package and includes the exact same drivetrain as a basic 300C.

Without knowing exactly what exhaust system it's got now, it's hard to talk intelligently about what you should replace it with. Best bet would be to get it on a lift, take some high-resolution pics, and look for brand names or logos. Then post the pics and I'll do my best to identify it.

#4 ·
Check your tailpipes. If the tips are sharp-edged, you have the slightly louder, two-pass muffler. If the edges are rolled, you have the more restrictive three-pass muffler.

Either way, before you spend a lot of money on an aftermarket exhaust, you might consider a mid-muffler delete. That's a popular mod, and quick, cheap, and easy. Just pick up a length of stainless steel pipe at a speed shop, otherwise most exhaust shops will use shiatty mild steel pipe that will start rusting on the drive home.

#7 ·
If you have the two-pass muffler, an even simpler and effective way to get more sound is to modify your resonators. That's what I did with my R/T Blacktop and the result is perfect for me.

I can't link you directly to a How-To, but you can Google "you don't need new exhaust. A new mod", with the quotes.
So should I eliminate the mid muffler or the resonators?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.