front license plate bracket

Discussion in 'Custom Exterior Modifications - Body Kits - Paint' started by hemi c, Aug 30, 2007.

1. chasb

chasb Member Military

Vehicle:
    2006 300C
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    402 motoring did mine

Color matched it and altered the plate frame contour so it fits BELOW the grille.'

Here it is. Uses 2 original bottom holes and 2 new holes

Before (below) and after (he also painted my grille and did the Euro eyelids))

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. prican2000

prican2000 Active Member Military

Media:
    Vehicle:
    300c
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    This was my 1st mod when I got the car. I can't remember if I drilled 2 new holes or not. I just modified the OEM plate holder and lowered that sucker to clear the grill. Took me all of about 15-20 mins :smiley_thumbs_up:. It really made the front end look 10x better.

I can't run without a front tag. I live in Maryland (2 tag state) and for some reason there is something about me that not only attracts the visual attention of the Authorities but they also use their powers to pull me over. So I have to give them the least amount of reason for pulling me over. All I need is to be at a friends house after a few beers and get pulled over for not having a front tag. :doh:

Real quick story: A few years ago I was pulled over 3 TIMES WITHIN 1 HOUR by 3 seperate PoPo's (2 Local, 1 State) for not having a front tag. :thk: UMMM NO THANKS.

It's already bad enough I get pulled over all the time for DWPR (Driving While Puerto Rican). :shakehead:

3. JeDiHemi

JeDiHemi Active Member

Media:
    Vehicle:
    Chrysler
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Cool Vanilla
    yeah, that looks good... i have considered that for mine as well...

it's what we call wal-mart out herrrre...

that looks tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

yeah, one of my first mods as well... yeah, they prolly just set u up in PR...

4. Big Roller

Big Roller New Member

Vehicle:
    300c SRT Design
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Inferno Red
  5. JeDiHemi

JeDiHemi Active Member

Media:
    Vehicle:
    Chrysler
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Cool Vanilla
    looks pretty good... just not as flush with the body as the universal back plate and not as cheap...

6. DrillSgtO

DrillSgtO New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2010
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Custom
    FYI FOR TEXAS.

FROM THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY:

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) highlighted notable traffic and criminal laws that went into effect on Sept. 1, 2013.

HB 625 clarifies that the penalty for operating a vehicle on a public highway without displaying the two license plates assigned to the vehicle is a misdemeanor offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/th...new-traffic-criminal-laws-take-effect-sept-1/

Also read:

Does your car have a front license plate? If not, you could face a $200 fine

http://www.dallasnews.com/investiga...se-plate-if-not-you-could-face-a-200-fine.ece

One very quick but ugly fix that can save you money while you pursue a MOD is the buy the Front / Rear License Plate Installation KIT 04805866AA, for less than the fine cost in many online sites.

Check this search link to find one:

https://www.google.com/#q=KIT+04805866AA

I mounted the bracket without using the screws that comes with the kit. I took the car to a carwash and the brushes didn't knocked down. Also drove on highway 130 for over an hour at 80-85 MPH (FYI that is the posted Max legal speed in that HW) and the plate was still attached. So IMO just snapping the plate to lower part of the grill is enough and don't had to drill the face.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  7. Your1DOC

Your1DOC New Member

Vehicle:
    300 DUB edition
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2008
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Check this search link to find one:

https://www.google.com/#q=KIT+04805866AA

I mounted the bracket without using the screws that comes with the kit. I took the car to a carwash and the brushes didn't knocked down. Also drove on highway 130 for over an hour at 80-85 MPH (FYI that is the posted Max legal speed in that HW) and the plate was still attached. So IMO just snapping the plate to lower part of the grill is enough and don't had to drill the face.[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to fasten this to the bumper without screwing into the plastic?