fuel smell and misfiring

Discussion in 'Chrysler 300 Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6L V6' started by BlackDiamond, Feb 6, 2017.

1. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Hi,

Wanted to ask you guys to help me diagnose the issue I've got with my 2011 300. Recently I noticed distinctive gas smell coming from under the hood. But as long as I did not find any leaks, I calmed down. And yesterday the check engine light came on... Besides, in the morning I noticed misfiring, but all the plugs seem to be clean...
    I guess I will take it to the tech to at least check the codes and see what's happening to it. But wanted to ask you folks, maybe you had something similar and know what this is about from your experience?

2. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Okay, here's what caused all this. There are small rubber things, called o-rings, that separate and seal injectors. So one of these guys failed, and because of it I'm having trouble. So I went ahead and ordered a set of those o-rings, and once I get them I will have my tech to do the replacement...

3. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen2 - 2014
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Forgot to tell you that I am planning to get the new plugs in as well, along with the new rings. To make sure it will finally run smooth.