Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is Your Car Running Like Grandma's Oldsmobile? Read On....

Pulling fuse 11 (AutoShutOff/PCM) allows your car to re-set/re-learn your mods or clear any CEL's related to the mods (after checking the CEL code ..of course). As has been said..it's a good thing to do from time to time so that if you have been driving conservatively (for shame :D) you can '' correct '' your cars adaptive learning capabilities and turn it into the animal it was designed to be.

Fuse 11 is in the front Power Control Module under the hood. Look @ the underside of the cover, and notice the embossings. Also, note that this is inverted from what you might think.

Fuse 11 is a 20 amp yellow fuse. See below. Pull the fuse, wait 5 minutes, plug it back in and see below.

In addition, after you pull the fuse and reinstall it, turn the key to on position. Wait until all the idiot lights on the dash go off. Then "slowly" depress gas pedal to the floor & slowly let it up. Turn key to off position for 5-10 seconds.

It resets adaptive learning back to factory. Consider doing this before you do any "spirited" track driving. The car then "learns" your new style and uses a more aggressive profile map in the ECM. Unfortunately, day-to-day driving dumbs it down again, so you have to keep pulling it from time to time.

Credit and Acknowledgement to mjr5150 @ *************** 04/11/07

UPDATE:

Some of the newer cars will find that Fuse 11 is NOT the AutoShutOff/PCM Fuse. That is the one you want.

·
Premium Member
15,840 Posts
Good transfer indeed MADDOG . Thank you . The thought of someone granny shifting these bad boys shakes me to the core . With this simple technique......you have soiled countless passenger seats with the evidence of it's effectiveness......:SHOCKED:-Mike

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks, Mike. I wasn't sure you were coming over here and I thought it best that some of what resided in 3CF get raised over here as well for the benefit of the site and its members.

You'll notice that credit was given where credit is due at the bottom of the article. That would be you, bro!

Michael

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Also....with as many people getting predator tuners....this thread will be obsolete with them. As this function is built into the predetor itself...so no more yanking fuses.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just recently bought (A week ago) my car from a person and it works fine, My question is should I do this procedure so it can learn my habits?

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just recently bought (A week ago) my car from a person and it works fine, My question is should I do this procedure so it can learn my habits?
Yes, because it is adaptive, it learns from whomever is driving the car.

And, since you won't be driving it the same way all the time, in some cases having to drive slow and in Full Auto Mode, it doesn't hurt to do this from time to time anyway.

Now, if you have a Predator, you won't have to do this.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts

It won't hurt anything. But, it's not a one time learning...it will continue to learn over time.

Driving it on the highway on a long trip will make it learn to be a wimp all over again...so that is one of the times that it would make sense to do it too.

I'd suggest getting a predator so that you don't have to pull the fuse, but can then do it by computer coding.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Predator is soooo much more than just a performance tool. Take a look at our Knowledge Base under Engine Performance for the Predator writeups. There's a lot more to the tool such as setting fan temps, transmission adaptives, etc...which are of benefit to any owner.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Predator is soooo much more than just a performance tool. Take a look at our Knowledge Base under Engine Performance for the Predator writeups. There's a lot more to the tool such as setting fan temps, transmission adaptives, etc...which are of benefit to any owner.
Maddog. can you post where exactly is the forum that talks about the specs of the predetor please, I tried lookingf for it, but aim kind of lost in the forum:4-dontknow:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts