Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 chrysler 300 3.5L V6 and I just had the PCM replaced and now the gas pedal doesn't work?
The PCM was replaced because it is a used one out of a Magnum and I could not get rid of the codes.
With the new PCM, there are no codes and the car runs great but the gas peddle doesn't work.
The Chrysler dealer technician is having trouble figuring it out???
This is actually the second New PCM because the first one had the same problem and the Chrysler Technician insisted that
the PCM was faulty. I sent it back and another new one was sent to me but when Chrysler installed and programmed it,
It had the same problem????

So strange....
Any ideas?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Fuse, bad sensor in the pedal mechanism or it need to be re calibrated. If you search gaz pedal calibration for 300, there are some guide on forum and around the net. Other then that, if the pedal was working fine with the 1st PCM, I would argue that this is to the dealer to figure it out and fix it. That's why they have warranty for a few days. It's possible something else need calibration like the throttle maybe, Transmission ? There might be a bad connection between the new PCM and gaz pedal.

Then you can always take it to someone else and if they fix it, you maybe able to have the dealer pay for the repair they could not fix them self if it was there fault.

And if it was me, I would never set a foot back in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Technoplume.
Thank you for your reply.
I am in The Philippines so my choices are none. I have to go to the Chrysler Dealer for anything to do with Computer Programming and I HATE the place. Poor customer service and I have very little confidence in their abilities but as I said, I have no choice. They have found and reported to me that the new PCM is again Faulty. They have put back the old PCM and asked me to pick up the car. The car still works fine with the old PCM, it just has a couple of codes.
OH and they are charging me....
Plus I have to pay to return the PCM again to the States ...
Good Greef…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts