Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to remove the stearimg wheel in a c with the wood. I want to pick one up but I HATE wood. Also with the handles. Thanks and sorry for these post just trying to seal a deal!

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
The steering wheel takes about 30 minutes to swap, it's pretty easy and you most likely have most of the tools needed to do it. A couple sockets and a large allen head socket is pretty much it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
If the wheel has never been taken off before that Allen bolt can be in there pretty tight. If you have a helper to hold the wheel while you use a breaker bar you will probably be ok. But if you are alone you may want to use a hand held impact driver if you have one (the kind you hit with a hammer and it turns the socket drive). Just whatever you do, don't strip the inside of that Allen bolt...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright swwwet thanks guys. I may have a c in a couple of weeks!!

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
The steering wheel is easy to remove and is one of the first steps for the paddle shifter install. I see Talla already posted up the link to the document.

Just remember...before you start removing the steering wheel, disconnect the battery and let the airbag capacitors discharge for at least 30 minutes. Otherwise, BANG!!!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that's an important step, but I changed my mind why not just buy an srt? going from base to an srt8.... Can't wait!!!!!!! Just gotta sell first...ahh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts