Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need some advice.. ive been ordering some performance orientated mods and i think its time for some exterior..

Im stuck between the Chrome grip grille or colour matching it..
I have a silver steel awd C and I dont know what to pick.. any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know how much it might cost to get the grille painted? Better yet a location in toronto thats reputable ? Thanks guys! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
I think it depends on how much chrome is on the car. The 300C has the chrome door handles, mirrors and accents on the front and rear bumper, so my opinion is to go with the chrome one. If you were to have all the chrome area's color matched, then I would go with a painted grill.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it depends on how much chrome is on the car. The 300C has the chrome door handles, mirrors and accents on the front and rear bumper, so my opinion is to go with the chrome one. If you were to have all the chrome area's color matched, then I would go with a painted grill.
Thats exactly what i was thinking, thanks for the advice! Im hoping to see a couple different grip grilles to get an idea of what i want at our soon coming M&G!
Hopefully i dont look too stock compared to all you guys:i_rolleyes:

I might bite the bullet and order it soon, so maybe i have somthing to show off to you guys :D

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
Thats exactly what i was thinking, thanks for the advice! Im hoping to see a couple different grip grilles to get an idea of what i want at our soon coming M&G!
Hopefully i dont look too stock compared to all you guys:i_rolleyes:

I might bite the bullet and order it soon, so maybe i have somthing to show off to you guys :D
No problem, Dom. Glad to give an opinion:smileup:

As far as looking too stock..no worries there! Mine looked like that at meets for like 2 years! And no one judges anyone poorly. You'll see. The club has some really great people!

Here's mine:

·
Registered
676 Posts
ive got the chrome grip and the "C" and have been eliminating chrome as fast as possible and want to paint the chrome grip but not sure the paint will stick,may have to pick up a paintable one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was really considering a deep dish, but you also have to colour match it as well as buy the mesh and install it, the chrome one seems so much easier to do!.. I hope its not to hard taking off the fascia, ive looked at the how to thread and it doesnt look to hard, i just dont want to mess anything up!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I went with the color matched Grip. I don't mind some chrome on the car, but for me the chrome Grip added too much. Color matching keeps the chrome subtle and not over done on the C, but that's just my taste. :)

You can order a color matched Grip with mesh installed for around 300 bucks from a few places Grip deals with. I got mine from 402 Motoring. It was much easier than finding a body shop around me to paint the grille. They all want ridiculous prices, I think my route was cheaper.

In any event you can't go wrong with a Grip grille no matter which one you choose.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with the color matched Grip. I don't mind some chrome on the car, but for me the chrome Grip added too much. Color matching keeps the chrome subtle and not over done on the C, but that's just my taste. :)

You can order a color matched Grip with mesh installed for around 300 bucks from a few places Grip deals with. I got mine from 402 Motoring. It was much easier than finding a body shop around me to paint the grille. They all want ridiculous prices, I think my route was cheaper.

In any event you can't go wrong with a Grip grille no matter which one you choose.

Thanks for the pics! You have a sweet ride, looks very aggresive! I noticed you live in hamilton, are you coming to the M&G in may?
Now your making me think colour match.. ahh man gonna need some time to think this through :kap:

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm working on getting the day off for the M&G, so hopefully I can be there. I was there last May and had a blast!

Like I said, you can't go wrong with either Grip. Just ask yourself what you want. Color matched, I feel gives the car a more sporty/aggresive look where as the chrome is more classy/luxurious looking.

Thanks for the compliment. That's what I was after, a nice clean aggresive look...Kinda old school I guess. :)

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
There's the proof that you can go many ways with the Grip Grill. Painted, Chrome..they all look great! And different mesh's to choose from as well!

Great pics guys!

·
Registered
655 Posts
HemiCya.. where you get the emblem?

DON... do you have any PICS of it now.
I also have the Silver steel 300C and started with alot of chrome and recent revamped my car. I went with the deep dish grille color match with a black mesh. Either way you decide to go i dont think you can go wrong.

Here is a pic. Still looking for an emblem but rocking the grip emblem for now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
504 Posts
HemiCya.. where you get the emblem?

DON... do you have any PICS of it now.
I also have the Silver steel 300C and started with alot of chrome and recent revamped my car. I went with the deep dish grille color match with a black mesh. Either way you decide to go i dont think you can go wrong.

Here is a pic. Still looking for an emblem but rocking the grip emblem for now.
I got the grille and rear wing grim reaper emblems from Billett Technology. They have several types to choose from or they will make you a custom one if you prefer. They are made from billett aluminum and of excellent quality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts