Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used the Predator to tune my car . now its due for a smog test

wondering if i have to set it back to stock settings to pass the smog test ?

i also have a 180deg thermostat but i Believe i can keep it in the car any one whos had to smog test in CA. please can your give me the scoop on this?

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
I odn't live in Cali either but I can't see why a 180 T-stat would be a problem. Also if you're worried abut the tune just put the car back to stock and re-load your fav tune after you pass. Simple.

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
My fellow californian lol I tested with the predator tune in the car with 175 tstate and passed with no problem. Only thing you should do is to put back youre stock intake if you have an aftermarket CAI in it or they will likely fail you on the visual part which is the MORONIC thing ever. Oh and drive the car around for bit 10-15min before you take it in, let the car warm up a bit. If you have some type of code that shows up I believe you have to clear it and drive 100 mile to clear it? can't remember the exact word but you can find tons of info on Lx forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to forum .I gotta get my car inspected for emissions also n r having problems .My car has heads ,cam ,custome intake T state exaust etc .. Wht do I do please help only got a month till regy is up n they will not allow me to renew until I provoke car was inspected in NYS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts