Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had my taillights tinted (I'll post some pics as soon as I wash my car) and it looks pretty good, I was going to do the headlights too but it seems like they are nearly impossible to remove unless you tear the front end of the car apart. Is there an easier way to remove them? If not I'll just wait to tint them when I get a new grill since I have to tear the car apart to install that anyways, two birds one stone...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
1. You have to pull the front bumper off to remove them.
2. I would reccommend a tint film for your headlights for 3 reasons.
a. paint tint will not be removable
b. you may run across a prick cop that decides to give you a ticket and see a.
c. 3m tint film will not only give you the look you want but also prevent your headlights from getting damaged from road debris and you can always reapply the film when it starts to get a little worn

just my .02

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah that's a pretty good idea, I was looking into tint covers as well that are pretty easy to apply and acquirable on the cheap, I hadn't really thought about the road debris and now thinking about the amount of bug that my car was covered in this summer something that can be reapplied or changed would be a better option for the front, and I'm not looking to do anything insanely dark for the front just a light clouding.

·
Registered
112 Posts
isnt it hard to tint the headlights though????
Hi,

yes, it's very hard to tint the headlights... i have tried about four times to get an even shade of light tint to the headlights only to have it turn up looking brown, murky and fogged. Unless you want to "paint" them to the color of your car on the inside(of the lens) which might be better. other than this last option, you would have to paint the lens black itself (not tint) and you are sure to get 5.0's attention.

just my .02 plus $60 of trial and error... the tint I used was removable within a few hours using acetone(my wife's pure nail polish remover)...

if anyone here has a better solution, I would like to hear it very much

:4-dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts