Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Smashed the front end of my 300 up New Year's Eve. They are replacing fenders and front bumper. So I'm going to get an aftermarket grill and color match it. One headlight needs replacing, so I'm debating on taking the chrome ones apart and painting them, or buying one black one (other under insurance).

Anyone take these apart? How difficult?

Also not a fan of chrome, how hard to paint all the chrome mouldings?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Most of the headlights I have seen are Glued together. Sooooo, with a HeatGun or Oven ,Carefully heat them up and separate them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys,

Smashed the front end of my 300 up New Year's Eve. They are replacing fenders and front bumper. So I'm going to get an aftermarket grill and color match it. One headlight needs replacing, so I'm debating on taking the chrome ones apart and painting them, or buying one black one (other under insurance).

Anyone take these apart? How difficult?

Also not a fan of chrome, how hard to paint all the chrome mouldings?

Thanks
Put them in a 250 degree oven for 20 minutes, take out and start working around the sides to separate the lens from the housing. As it cools, put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes. May take 4 or 5 repetitions of this to get them separated. Use plastic trim tools to help you separate it. you'll need to clean up all of the black adhesive that's left when you finish, and then seal it up good with a bead of silicone.

Can't help you with the mouldings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts