Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, not sure how to resolve this issue! I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with 110,000 miles. The other day I was driving during the early evening. Noticed my headlights weren't on. Long story short, no matter what setting (auto, lights on, high beams, etc.) I have no external headlights. However, the daytime running lights work just fine.

Not sure if this is related - today I noticed that my auxiliary power outlets (ashtray compartment area and rear seat area) are not currently working.

I appreciate any and all time and assistance in this resolution!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Simple stuff first. Pop your trunk and check your PDC (fusebox). Verify with your owner's manual, but I believe you should look for fuses #6 and #7, both 40A green. Meter them to make sure they're solid.

If you have adaptive lighting, also check #40, which is a 10A red.

If the problem persists, please let us know whether you have standard halogen or HID low beams, and which bulbs function as DRLs.

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler 300s AWD 5.7L
5 Posts
Simple stuff first. Pop your trunk and check your PDC (fusebox). Verify with your owner's manual, but I believe you should look for fuses #6 and #7, both 40A green. Meter them to make sure they're solid.

If you have adaptive lighting, also check #40, which is a 10A red.

If the problem persists, please let us know whether you have standard halogen or HID low beams, and which bulbs function as DRLs.
I have HID lights that only had one working and now neither work. But I have the same issue and I checked the fuses front and back. I know one of the lights was new as I paid to have a bulb put in. Idk which bulbs function as the DRL looks like led halos but they work great. I bought the car and the one bulb went out passenger side.
I took it to the shop they replaced the bulb for me and told me the bulb works when it is not in the car but while mounted it has issues. Told me to take it to the dealership and have them troubleshoot it. I tried that and the dealership sat on my car for the whole day of my appt. Now I am traveling an hour out my way to have it checked by the next closest dealership. But I have noticed that the drivers side light got dimmer and dimmer and now IT don't turn on. But my DRLs are working fine I just can't see at night.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have HID lights that only had one working and now neither work. But I have the same issue and I checked the fuses front and back. I know one of the lights was new as I paid to have a bulb put in. Idk which bulbs function as the DRL looks like led halos but they work great. I bought the car and the one bulb went out passenger side.
I took it to the shop they replaced the bulb for me and told me the bulb works when it is not in the car but while mounted it has issues. Told me to take it to the dealership and have them troubleshoot it. I tried that and the dealership sat on my car for the whole day of my appt. Now I am traveling an hour out my way to have it checked by the next closest dealership. But I have noticed that the drivers side light got dimmer and dimmer and now IT don't turn on. But my DRLs are working fine I just can't see at night.
You may have bad ballasts. More info here.

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler 300s AWD 5.7L
5 Posts
You may have bad ballasts. More info here.
I thought in a stock HiD the ballast is on the bulb? D3S type bulb. I am taking it to the shop in the morning. i have 2 new bulbs that'll be installed in the morning. But I know there is gonna be issues so I paid for an hour and a half for troubleshooting and everything. I hope it doesn't cost me an arm to get it fixed.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I thought in a stock HiD the ballast is on the bulb? D3S type bulb. I am taking it to the shop in the morning. i have 2 new bulbs that'll be installed in the morning. But I know there is gonna be issues so I paid for an hour and a half for troubleshooting and everything. I hope it doesn't cost me an arm to get it fixed.
Ballasts are never "on the bulb". I've never serviced HID headlamps on a 2012, but this is where the ballast is on my '05 300C. It's the rectangular, silver-colored module with "Valeo" printed on it

. Digital camera Camera accessory Reflex camera Cameras & optics Film camera

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, not sure how to resolve this issue! I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 with 110,000 miles. The other day I was driving during the early evening. Noticed my headlights weren't on. Long story short, no matter what setting (auto, lights on, high beams, etc.) I have no external headlights. However, the daytime running lights work just fine.

Not sure if this is related - today I noticed that my auxiliary power outlets (ashtray compartment area and rear seat area) are not currently working.

I appreciate any and all time and assistance in this resolution!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my Chrysler 300s and 300 base model 2011- 2020 with Halogen Headlights. I had similar problem adjusting my new aftermarket headlight on my vehicle. I tried the Phillips Screwdriver and a manual ratchet. I thought the Taiwan made headlights were defective. I was wrong. I checked out Utube on how to adjust these lights and given the answer. You must acquire a 12V Cordless Ratchet Wrench The socket will be at 90 degree to the adjusting hex bolt. You must first ensure you have at least half tank of gas and the air pressure in your tires are correct. With your car about 2' away from the wall or garage. Take your tape measure and measure the height from the Dot on your headlight lens to the ground. This is the headlights prescribed height when driving. I place a level piece of painters tape for both driver and passenger side ride height level at 29.5". Move your vehicle back 25' from the wall. Now you will be able to see the level headlight beams of both driver and passenger. With new lights take your Cordless Ratchet wrench place the proper socket and press your wrench to the adjusting bolt. Clockwise for UP and counter clockwise to move the beam down. You will now be able to easily see the headlight beam move up or down. Using a screw driver it would take a lot of patience and time to actually see the beam move. You can now properly adjust your headlights. Note: your passenger side headlight beam should be 1 to 2" above the 29.5" painter line on the wall or garage you are using to adjust your light. The Driver side beam should be 1" below the level line of 29.5" to avoid blinding on coming traffic on the drivers side. Once your light are properly adjusted can can now use the phillips screwdriver or a manual ratchet to fine tune your headlight beams when required. Also Note: New replacement headlights do not come preadjusted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello my Chrysler 300s and 300 base model 2011- 2020 with Halogen Headlights. I had similar problem adjusting my new aftermarket headlight on my vehicle. I tried the Phillips Screwdriver and a manual ratchet. I thought the Taiwan made headlights were defective. I was wrong. I checked out Utube on how to adjust these lights and given the answer. You must acquire a 12V Cordless Ratchet Wrench The socket will be at 90 degree to the adjusting hex bolt. You must first ensure you have at least half tank of gas and the air pressure in your tires are correct. With your car about 2' away from the wall or garage. Take your tape measure and measure the height from the Dot on your headlight lens to the ground. This is the headlights prescribed height when driving. I place a level piece of painters tape for both driver and passenger side ride height level at 29.5". Move your vehicle back 25' from the wall. Now you will be able to see the level headlight beams of both driver and passenger. With new lights take your Cordless Ratchet wrench place the proper socket and press your wrench to the adjusting bolt. Clockwise for UP and counter clockwise to move the beam down. You will now be able to easily see the headlight beam move up or down. Using a screw driver it would take a lot of patience and time to actually see the beam move. You can now properly adjust your headlights. Note: your passenger side headlight beam should be 1 to 2" above the 29.5" painter line on the wall or garage you are using to adjust your light. The Driver side beam should be 1" below the level line of 29.5" to avoid blinding on coming traffic on the drivers side. Once your light are properly adjusted can can now use the phillips screwdriver or a manual ratchet to fine tune your headlight beams when required. Also Note: New replacement headlights do not come preadjusted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts