Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 300 touring, and I have a 300 limited for parts.

Im almost done pulling the harness from the 300 limited, but before I take my 300 touring apart like this. I need to know....

Once I install the fuse boxes, harnesses and heating box... will I have heated seats? Or... is it programmed into my ecu?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im transferring the entire wiring harness, the heated seat module, the power/ heated seats, the relay box in the trunk, the relay box in the hood, and the FCM from an 05 Limited over to my 05 Touring.
Will I need anything else from the Limited edition for them to work properly?

I needed a new wiring harness anyways. I have had to do some serious repairs on it over the years, and I figure that since I'm replacing it anyways I might as well go with some added features here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Im transferring the entire wiring harness, the heated seat module, the power/ heated seats, the relay box in the trunk, the relay box in the hood, and the FCM from an 05 Limited over to my 05 Touring.
Will I need anything else from the Limited edition for them to work properly?

I needed a new wiring harness anyways. I have had to do some serious repairs on it over the years, and I figure that since I'm replacing it anyways I might as well go with some added features here.
Okay, so both your donor and transplant cars are '05 300s.

I'm not sure what you mean by "relay box" and FCM. There is a "fuse box" under the hood, called the TIPM, or sometimes the front PDC. There's another one in the rear, the rear PDC. That's only two, and you seem to be talking about three components. But I don't think you need to change any of those to add heated seats. You may not even need to add the harness, but I understand you want to replace it anyway.

I think the only thing you need that you haven't mentioned is the radio/climate control bezel. You'll need the one from the Limited for the heated seat switches.

You will need to have a dealer, or someone with a dealer-level scantool, enable heated seats in your BCM. If you have an Android device and are willing to invest around $75 for AlfaOBD and a cheap Bluetooth OBD device, you can probably do that yourself. In fact, AlfaOBD would come in very handy for configuration and testing purposes, especially if you're swapping harnesses.

I can't link it here, but Google this exact search string: Challenger "adding factory heated seats"

You might find it helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill invest in that AlfaOBD next Thursday. Also the relay boxes are exactly what you're mentioning. The one in the trunk and the one under the hood. The FCM is the Front Control Module mounted on the front of the fuse box thing under the hood.

I have pulled the switches by the ashtray already as well. Im not sure if I need the dual climate control, but that is in process of being pulled from under the dash as well. But that is a different post ill do when that comes about.

Thank you for the fast replies too and all of the valuable information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post pictures, but my project is complete. Factory heated seats have been added to my 05 300 touring.
I have also added EVIC, and automatic climate control. Im curently working on adding the HVAC and dual climate control..

Alfaobd has been great but it doesnt give me all the options to enable things like vehicle is an SRT or what nots

1 - 7 of 7 Posts