Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone:

I have a chance to get into a 2006 SRT8 with a 6.1L Hemi. I've been doing some research and I wanted to get the real info. On carcomplaints.com there are over 130 entries from people whose engine failed or had a stalling problem after getting gas. But when I came on here, I haven't seen many complaints. If this was widespread as that site implies, I would have expected more complaints here also. For example, entries on bimmerfest routinely crush BMW NA.

What is the truth? Has anybody with an SRT8 had engine problems. Help me out. I love the way this car looks, but I'm coming out of a money pit and don't want to get another.

Thanks for any info.

SCHOLAR

·
DFW LX CLUB Member
11,215 Posts
There was a lifetime extended warranty that was issued for some 05-06 5.7L and 6.1L engines that experience the stalling issue after filling up with gas and our 06 SRT8 was part of those affected vehicles. I recently had this fixed by the dealership at zero cost to us which requires replacing the entire gas tank and since then we have finally been able to top off the tank without experiencing any stalling issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts