Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My name's Tommy and I live in Ontario, Canada. Last night I bought an 06 300C Heritage Edition from an old guy in Hamilton. I've always had a soft spot for Chrysler, my first car was a 300m Special, but unfortunately young dumb me crashed it. I'm 19 now and I've certainly learned a lot since then, driving my mom's car and I also ride a motorcycle. I'm very excited to finally have a real chance with a car I can call my own, now that I actually know more about cars and care about them. When I drove the 300m I didn't know anything about cars and frankly did not appreciate how great it was until it was too late.

I already have a list of plans for this car, mod wise, and it's gonna become my project car once I finish college, but for now it'll be my daily driver. I want to learn more about the 300 and its history and quirks and details and all that kind of stuff. I've read the wikipedia page like 3 times, but that's never enough. I can't wait!

The car's being safetied on Monday, hopefully by the time Tuesday or Wednesday rolls around I'll have plates on it and finally be able to drive it myself! My uncle and trusted mechanic test drove it last night, and I had already fallen in love with the rest of the car. Even just riding in it I knew I would love it. I can't wait to finally join this community as well!

Cheers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
you sound like me when I was 18 back in the 1990s lol I loved cars as a kid when I got my license my driving instructor thought I drove for years at the age of 16(never drove before then) got advice one time in my twenties "respect your machine know your limits and remember if you love your car you'll know when to go fast and when you can open him or her up and drive it like hell" I have a 2.7 lit V6 not the most popular of engines but as I'm driving it more and more I'm beginning to really enjoy the car engine and all so never let anyone crush your passion its your car and keep us up to date I'd love to see what you do with it

welcome to the forum

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you sound like me when I was 18 back in the 1990s lol I loved cars as a kid when I got my license my driving instructor thought I drove for years at the age of 16(never drove before then) got advice one time in my twenties "respect your machine know your limits and remember if you love your car you'll know when to go fast and when you can open him or her up and drive it like hell" I have a 2.7 lit V6 not the most popular of engines but as I'm driving it more and more I'm beginning to really enjoy the car engine and all so never let anyone crush your passion its your car and keep us up to date I'd love to see what you do with it

welcome to the forum
My driving instructor also complimented me at first but I got careless really fast which is what caused the crash with my 300m. It's also partially because the tires were overdue to be changed, but I can't blame anyone but myself for driving like an idiot. I'm glad I have learned from that experience to treat my car and everything else I care about with more respect and to make sure I don't **** things up.

One of my big plans is to gut the lighting assemblies and load them up with an Arduino and RGB LED lights, allowing for completely custom control for lights like the turn signals and brake lights and stuff. The headlights I might just keep the same and only use the Arduino for running lights/turns, but I will decide once I've started driving it. I might also swap the radio, while the sound system is pretty good even for me, I think I want to get something with a backup camera and that good stuff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah I live in NYC so I am seriously looking into a backup camera especially since I'm use to driving a 2007 Honda fit sport lol I'm so not use to having a trunk lmao at 19 you sound very well grounded. cant wait to see the car and show us how it turns out good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I live in NYC so I am seriously looking into a backup camera especially since I'm use to driving a 2007 Honda fit sport lol I'm so not use to having a trunk lmao at 19 you sound very well grounded. cant wait to see the car and show us how it turns out good luck
I will certainly be posting photos once I have more time with the car. You can also find me with the same handle on other social media like Facebook and Instagram where I'll probably also post photos eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts