Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2009 Chrysler 300C AWD that has about 54k on it. I live outside Chicago and in winter I started having the battery go dead. I have seen the rear window defroster on while the car is parked and it has burned the drivers side mirror finish off with the heater. Chrysler had the car for 3 months and could not fix. It has gotten more consistent when it goes below 40 degrees, it is like the automatic features of the remote start turn on while the car sits and draws the battery down. I am looking to see what module controls the remote start features and may be causing this. All summer the car is fine with no problems. The dealer replaced the TIPM total integrated power module under the hood and the battery. They say there are no codes and I just have to wait for the module to go bad.

Is there a way to disable the factory remote start all together. Also this car is 100% factory with no aftermarket anything. I have owned since new. I have a marine auto battery disconnect hooked up now to catch it so you can still start the car. Not the ideal fix but it still allows the car to start.

Any help is appreciated. I want to see if I can do anything before winter.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You may be able to disable the remote start (and possibly the defrosters) using AlfaOBD. Email the developer, Sergey, and ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts