Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, I’m new to the world of Chrysler, the 300S AWD, and a V6 m3.5L Engine!... My primary toy/daily driver is a 847 RWHP Camaro 2SS that took me a little over 2 years to achieve and I’m finally happy lol. So now, on to my sons car and teaching him the ropes.

So many raving reviews on the Big Bully Cold Air Intake and forgive me if I’m a little late to the party but is this no longer made/sold? I can’t seem to find it anywhere?!!!?

Well since we’re here and your already reading this in your “opinion” best full/cat back exhaust and throttle body spacer? He has quite a few chips saved so the best performance per dollarwould be great feedback guys thanks!

(man V6 is more of a pain in the add than a V8 regarding product selection and availability, I never knew this!).

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Um...it's hard to be absolutely certain between the thumbnail and the Camaro pics, but that looks like a second-gen 300S. If that's the case, you've got a 3.6 Pentastar. Be careful when shopping for parts and/or upgrades, the 3.5 is an Iacocca-era engine and completely different.

Sorry, but I haven't heard a word about Big Bully CAIs for six or seven years. As I recall, they were a small operation and I doubt they're still around.

In terms of exhaust, the hot ticket for the 3.6 is the Solo CGR-V6-MACH-XV, about $800 or so. There are other options for more money, but there are fitment issues to be aware of with the AWD. The Solo is marketed as fitting either RWD or AWD and is very popular on the various Charger forums.

The main problem with the availability of upgrades for the V-6 is that the 3.6 is already over-engineered to begin with and puts out more than 80 HP/liter, compared to 65 for the Hemi. It's very, very hard to wring any substantial amount of additional power out of the 3.6 without forced induction.

I don't suppose it's practical at this point, but I have to ask; before putting a lot of money into the 3.6, is it worth considering selling it and buying a Hemi? Not for anything, but if the sticking point is AWD, there are plenty of 5.7 AWD Pursuit Chargers out there, some of them nearly new with time left on the factory warranty. You can tweak the 5.7 a lot easier than you can the 3.6, and you'd be starting out about 75 horsepower ahead.

Don't get me wrong, the 3.6 is a great, modern engine, but at the end of the day you're talking about a porky two-ton-plus sedan with a small engine. Chrysler has done a fine job squeezing every last drop of power out of it. But if you're going into this looking to make performance improvements, the 5.7 might be a better starting point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there thanks for the reply! I read a lot about that exhaust so I’m definitely going to purchase that I’m just trying to match the perfect cold air intake with it no the pics is my 800 hp Camaro I do have a second GEN 2018 300S Are you familiar with the legmaker intakes

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only Legmaker I'm familiar with is the True CAI. The short ram version is, just like every other short ram design, really just a warm air intake, since it draws warm engine compartment air. If you want one for looks and noise, any short ram intake will do. Personally, I don't think even the best CAIs are any better than the factory setup, and in fact, they may be worse. But at least the "True CAI" draws outside air, which is a plus.

Problem is, I don't think they offer one for the 3.6. Take a look on Legmaker's website, maybe shoot them an email. Even if they don't have one, they may be able to put something together for you, if that's what you really want.

Good luck!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes it's been a while I have seen that name also. The Big Bully CAI that I remember was for the 3.5L. Not the pentastar 3.6L, 2nd best option is K&N I think. Or you might find an obscure one on a performance shop website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts