HELP!!! Master window and door lock control

Discussion in '1st Gen Chrysler 300' started by Supaman, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Supaman

Supaman Member

Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Hey guys my main window switch went out and it is killing me... my passenger front is messin up and my drivers back wont do anything at all..my warranty is up and dealer wants $250!!! i know somebody knows someone that has one or has a car they are parting. Worst part about it is i was gettin my windows tinted friday morning and they cant tint them unless the window can move...please HELP!!!! Thanks,Ryan

2. Truth Kid

Truth Kid Well-Known Member Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Black Beast
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    One thing I found while doing the LED swap, is that the switches are all one big circuit. If the passenger side switch was absent, the passenger switch on the drivers module wouldn't work. Try swapping the rear switches from side to side and see if that fixes it. If it does, then you know only one rear module is busted. I'd say the drivers side switch is fine if the rear passenger and drivers side work. Have you tinkered with any electrical lately?

3. todd

todd Senior Member MOTM Winner! MOTY Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    on rare occasions this happens to me. first and foremost make sure child lock is off. LOL anyway i had the problem where the driver side wouldnt open the rear passenger so i went back there and tried the switch and didnt work either. but whats odd to me is you lost your rear window and door lock i swear i just lost my window. But anyway this sound rediculous but open the non working door and slam it shut a few times maybe give the ole punch. A lot of people run into this and a few slams and a few punches should get it going if not there is a good chance you toasted something. not sure why slamming works but it seems it does. if not you might need a new motor or possibly you have a blow fuse?

4. Supaman

Supaman Member

Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    no the door locks work...its just the drivers back window doesnt go down.. i tried the switch on the other side and it worked so i know its not a bad switch. i was told that if water or anything got on it it may do this..i always have my windows cracked so i may have done it that way...Big Daddy J 300 says he has the part for the main switch where the harness connects into. hopefully i can get it from him for a decent price and see what happens...thanks guys

5. todd

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    like i said dont know why this works and i can confirm it does work slam the door with the non working window a few times and see if that helps.

6. Supaman

Supaman Member

Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    ok im goin to try the old work by force lol... im still leaning towards the main switch but i will try anything...i stripped the tint that was on it yesterday and planned on getting tinted with 5% friday but as of now that is a no go!! its killing me lol

7. Supaman

Supaman Member

Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    ur a damn genius gump!!! now can you explain my passenger front 3 inches at a time??

8. Quiet

Quiet Senior Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    Meaning it only lowers 3 inches each time you press the switch and holding makes it go no further? I suspect a short, either at the board end or at the motor end.

Another possible culprit may be the motor but since you were having switch problems, I suspect a short.

9. Supaman

Supaman Member

Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    yea it goes down like 3 inches then stops. i press it again another 3 inches. Big Daddy J 300 told me to try holding it until it clicks and that should reset it but no luck. im sure its something small but all those little units are 200+ so im trying to narrow it down. and J has the parts so hopefully i can just get it off him and be grand. Thanks again for the help fixing the back window guys. 1 down 1 to go lol. on the bright side the windows will be tinted friday!! pics posted soon after

10. todd

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2005
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    cant help you with passenger 3" at a time. glad the back one is kicking again though.

11. NubNub

NubNub Active Member

Media:
    Vehicle:
    300 or so I was told
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Dark Lava Red
    when it gets really cold here or just after a big rain fall my windows will do the 3" trick, might be mositure in the door making the window switch on it's saftey feature and stop.

12. greggk

greggk Well-Known Member Forum Founder MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Vehicle:
    2006 300C DREAMSICLE
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2006
    Trim?:
    300C
    Color?:
    Custom
    yepp been said before contact big daddy j 300 or even cleveland pick-a-part

13. Supaman

Supaman Member

Vehicle:
    300 Limited
    Trim?:
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Big Daddy J 300 doesnt have that part...why cleveland?? they have a pretty large inventory. i know here in Indy they said they havent had 1 300 come through..at the same time though do you think it is the switch???i really dont see it being the motor being that it does go all the way up and down but im not really to sure to be honest. thanks for the input so far guys.

14. ranallog

ranallog New Member

Vehicle:
    300 Touring
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2008
    Trim?:
    Touring
    Color?:
    Satin Jade
    2008 Chrysler 300 Touring, started with the passenger mirror not working? Then Passenger side electric window not working from drivers side switch. Now both front windows not working at all. Replaced the master switch for all 4. Still not working front, back still works & I got frustrated and grabbed wires that went from master switch through the door & into the car & lights started to flash & window worked 1 time. Is there a problem with this with anyone else?

15. Conky

Conky New Member

Vehicle:
    Vehicle Yr:
    Gen1 - 2010
    Trim?:
    Limited
    Color?:
    Mineral Grey
    Drivers auto windows switches not working tried new switch, it was same
    Pulled fuse in trunk # 30 - 10amp to reset door controller and now good to go
    All workin as normal now
    Reset window limit by holding button on for a few secs after it is all up or all down

I remember was a rainy day when it stopped working

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017