Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 limited.
I have those ugly low quality halogen headlights, but I'm not trying to convert to HID or LED just yet, I was wondering what halogen bulbs I should get that would give me that bright white light that would match with my DTRLs.
Also, another simple cosmetic change was a steering wheel cover. I wanted one with wood grain accents, but I also wanted the wood grain on the cover to match the ones in my car.
And lastly, the silver trimming in the car is starting to bubble and peel and I wanted to know if there are any fixes for it or any wallet-friendly ways to replace it.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The silver trimming is mostly bubbling around the vents in the front and around the middle cupholders

·
Registered
620 Posts
Check out HIR bulbs. Do not buy any halogen bulbs which have a blue coating on them, those will put out less light than your stock bulbs.

If your car is under warranty, I'd take it in to the dealer for the trim. Ludicrous that it's bubbling in only three years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out HIR bulbs. Do not buy any halogen bulbs which have a blue coating on them, those will put out less light than your stock bulbs.

If your car is under warranty, I'd take it in to the dealer for the trim. Ludicrous that it's bubbling in only three years.
Cool, thanks for the advice bro. I'll check out those bulbs asap.
As for the the trim, I'm not sure if my car's still under warranty, but if it is I don't think they'd even do anything like that. I have the full coverage warranty but when I brought it in for a crack in the bumper that I did not cause, they still told me that "as long as it doesn't affect the wellness of the car or the owner", then they can't do anything. :shakehead:
But I'll check it out anyway. And hell yeah it's crazy that it's already bubbling! haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@XFR If you could also throw some trusted sites or vendors for HIR Bulbs because I went to my local autozone and they knew nothing about them and when I google it, all the sites besides ebay are saying they aren't available anymore? Thanks in advance tho.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Whoever sells the Phillips brand HIR bulbs (check out Amazon, candlepower.com). Be sure to buy the bulb size that fits your car.

Beware with using these in your fogs though. On the first generation, HIR bulbs are fine in the headlights but are known to melt the fog light housings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Whoever sells the Phillips brand HIR bulbs (check out Amazon, candlepower.com). Be sure to buy the bulb size that fits your car.

Beware with using these in your fogs though. On the first generation, HIR bulbs are fine in the headlights but are known to melt the fog light housings.
Ok, cool thanks. Yeah I have the 2nd gen 300, but I decided to keep the stock yellowish foglights in it because I heard that if you go white in your foglights, it'll ruin their visibility in actual fog, rain or snow which we get out here pretty often. But thanks, I'll check those out and I'll post up before and after pictures when they're in :smileup:

P.S. I checked on amazon for the Phillips brand HIR bulbs, and even tho they're 9012, Amazon still says that it will not fit my car? Is Amazon wrong?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another addition I want to add is a new grill and trunk emblem with black behind the "Chrysler" instead of blue. if anyone can hook me up with some sites to look up that stuff, it'd be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another addition I want to add is a new grill and trunk emblem with black behind the "Chrysler" instead of blue. if anyone can hook me up with some sites to look up that stuff, it'd be appreciated.
Wow how we are so different in our likes and dislikes !
Just last week I traded my '09 300 Touring for a brand new '14 300 S.
During negotiations I mentioned I didn't like the black grille on the "S", hoping I could negotiate a swap for a chrome grille, that is standard on the '14 300 Base.
It didn't work out but I did do a great deal on the vehicle. Brewing over the black grille I called and ordered a new chrome grille.
If your not in a rush I would consider selling my original grille, see attached.
It's all black including the surround. The "S" I purchased is referred to as a 2014 Spring model with a few blacked out updates including the grille, head and tail lights and wheels. haven't had time but will post pics soon of my new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow how we are so different in our likes and dislikes !
Just last week I traded my '09 300 Touring for a brand new '14 300 S.
During negotiations I mentioned I didn't like the black grille on the "S", hoping I could negotiate a swap for a chrome grille, that is standard on the '14 300 Base.
I love the chrome grill, I just wanted a black background instead of the blue where it says "Chrysler" on the emblems. Although I don't think I will be keeping my stock grill (probably swapping it for a vertical straight grill) I would consider keeping it if the background was black. But if I do decide to black out my car, I'll def. keep your offer in mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the emblems, check out Rebadge Design here. He's popular over on LXForums and has done tons of LX-LY-LC custom badges, including the exact badge you're looking for.
Thanks for the link to the site, I'm checking it out right now. I'm not sure if you saw my post about the HIR bulbs, about how Amazon was saying that they don't fit my car even though they are 9012, but if you could get back to me on that it would be great. I've been a little hesitant on buying them since it said they won't fit.

·
Registered
620 Posts
So long as you know you need a 9012 bulb, and the listing is for that size, I don't see why it wouldn't work (I'm not familiar with gen 2 bulb sizes, but Sylvania has a good bulb guide for all cars here).

Of all you know the seller may not have included fitment compatibility to Amazon, which is why it says it will not fit.

E: Also just reread your first post. Regarding the HIR bulbs, these are the brightest halogen bulbs you can replace your stock bulbs with, and will be slightly whiter than OEM bulbs. That being said, they probably will not match your LEDs. You will need HIDs or LED headlights if you want the light color to match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.