Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 300 touring 3.5L rwd and need instructions on replacing my TCM. I ordered a refurbished one online and it had no instructions. Not sure if it’s just plug and play but I want to be sure. I’m pretty sure I can replace the old one without an issue but not sure the steps I need to take before and after installation. Please help

·
Registered
583 Posts
As long as both TCMs have the same final drive ratio, you should be okay. Just need to reset the adaptives with a scantool. You might also be able to do it with AlfaOBD or a Z Automotive Tazer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The place I ordered it from said it was preprogrammed to my vehicle and plug and play. Would I still have to reset the adaptives? As I do not have any access to any kind of scan tool

·
Registered
583 Posts
The place I ordered it from said it was preprogrammed to my vehicle and plug and play. Would I still have to reset the adaptives? As I do not have any access to any kind of scan tool
I don't know how adaptives could be "preprogrammed", but that sounds like a question for the place that sold it to you. Adaptives compensate for wear, among other things.

You can certainly take it to a shop to reset the adaptives. If you have access to an Android device, I'd just buy AlfaOBD and a cheap Bluetooth OBD adapter. You'll find plenty of other uses for them, such as nearly complete dealer-level diagnostics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2006 300 touring 3.5L rwd and need instructions on replacing my TCM. I ordered a refurbished one online and it had no instructions. Not sure if it’s just plug and play but I want to be sure. I’m pretty sure I can replace the old one without an issue but not sure the steps I need to take before and after installation. Please help
If you got a used TCM you can unhook your battery cables wait 10 minutes unplug the three cables from your TCM and then plug the cables into the one you got from where ever, then hook your cables back up. The positive first then the neg. Star the car let it run for say 5 minutes because it has to read everything in the computer. If you have codes still popping up then you can take it to the dealer and they program it to your vin number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts