Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a new car. Looking at a new Cts V but the price might be a little too steep so i was wondering if i should just buy a first gen Srt and mod it. I don't know much about cars so these questions might seem stupid but is there any way i could mod it to get the numbers around the cts v (550 hp, 550 lb feet of torque)? Is there a place in the New England area that could do this? How much would this likely cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
You can easily take a first gen SRT to that kind of power. However, it won't handle as well as a Cts-v. If I were you, I'd get a second hand Cts-v.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to club I got a 07 300 srt 8 with a HHP stage 2 setup on car long tube kooks headers 180 stat stage 2 AFE intake 87 mm modern muscle TB diablo race tune n a2800 pro torque converter .Was deff gonna upgrade rear to a new get rag with 392 gears an 700 hp rated axels car is not a daily driver .Do u think those germs will be good?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I started in an 05C. I did a lot of bolt on work to the car without ever getting into the engine. The best 1/4 I managed under absolutely perfect DA conditions was 13.89. I have since moved on to a CTS-V and there is no comparison between the two cars. This summer at the track I have been faster than: An Audi R8, an Audi RS5, a Grand Sport Vette, a 2011 GT500 Mustang, a 2012 Challenger R/T (by a football field), a supercharged 2012 Mustang GT, an SRT Charger (by 250'+), numerous SS Camaros, etc., etc. If you are even considering it I would say go for it. You can easily have a 2010/11 V with 15-20,000 miles on it for the price of a brand new SRT....and you will stomp its guts out stock vs. stock.

·
a.k.a. EvilSRT
2,409 Posts
^^^ Truth. I love these cars but honestly..... it costs a LOT to make them fast. A lot more than other performance cars like a Vette, new 5.0, CTS-V, etc. To me it's not worth sticking $7G's of heads and cam just to break 500hp. It can be done much cheaper on other platforms with much better results.

HOWEVER.... Those other platforms don't look nearly as good as a body modded SRT. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts