Chrysler 300 forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone out there! I've been reading a lot of threads regarding my issue but no cigar... Went out today and got a new pair of 6000k 9006 Hid's for my 07 300 base. Pluged everything, as far as i know, correctly. The kit was all plug and play. Flipped the connector to the balast coming from the stock low bulb connector b/c the ballast is marked with + and - indicators and after testing the stock connector they would be reversed if the connector were to lock in correctly. Pluged everything in snug and tight..... flipped the lights on, they flickered a little bit and then turned off, tried flipping them on and off a couple times and finally got them to stay on continuously. I was listening to the radio so i decided to crank on the engine. I tried to turn on the lights, i heard the ballasts buzzing a little, the lights flickered, then turned off, and they would not turn back on, no matter what i did. turned the car off, turned on the headlights again and the lights came right back on. Turned the car on, no lights.

Called the guy and told him what happened, he told me that i might need the relay kit, which i have already heard i might need b/c of the 55w 35w issue. Hooked everything up the the relay correctly, directly to the jumper cable terminal. Turned on the lights, they turned on just fine, just like w/o it. Started the car, hit the lights, turned on, then the fun started, the relay start clicking like hell, and the lights started to flicker, i turned them off after about a minute b/c i was afraid i was going to burn something.

Buying another relay tomorrow then testing out again

BTW. I ran power straight to the hid bulbs with my power probe via the connector on the relay, without the lights on (not to the trigger but straight to pin 87)

Ended up disconnecting everything since its not reliable for driving at night. any help would be dearly appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Welcome to the 'Z', from VA. Hope you get your HID issue resolved soon.

·
Premium Member
34,044 Posts
Welcome to 300CForumZ, from Barrie, Ontario, Canada! Glad to have you join the family! Enjoy the site!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts