Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while driving home, my hid's 12k (3bspecialties)stop working. So I had to use my fog light to drive the rest of the way home. I checked my fuses in the harness, it good.I removed the bumper and checked all connections to the ballast to the bulbs, no loose wires. also checked the grounding points, all good. I checked the fuses under the hood and found no popped fuses. But I only see fuses for the high beam and not the low beam for the car. Is there fuse on my car for low beams? I cant seem to figure out whats wrong, I cant drive my car at night. suck bad! I only had these installed for a month, what the hell.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
yes. there are fuses for the low beams. I had the same problem the other week. (turned out it was the fuse in the harness.) off the top of my head i want to say its numbers 26 and 28????? but i could be totally wrong on that right now. theyre too yellow 25 ones (again dont quote me on that, im on my third belvedere and redbull right now)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes. there are fuses for the low beams. I had the same problem the other week. (turned out it was the fuse in the harness.) off the top of my head i want to say its numbers 26 and 28????? but i could be totally wrong on that right now. theyre too yellow 25 ones (again dont quote me on that, im on my third belvedere and redbull right now)

the fuse in the hid harness where it hooks up at the positive post is not blown. I took the fuse out and check. it still good. what next? I looked at the fuse under the hood, and from my diagram it says it a 30amp fuse for the low/high. not sure if thats right.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
the fuse in the hid harness where it hooks up at the positive post is not blown. I took the fuse out and check. it still good. what next? I looked at the fuse under the hood, and from my diagram it says it a 30amp fuse for the low/high. not sure if thats right.
honestly....just pull all the fuses you think "could be" it. might as well right ?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also when unlocking the car from my key fob, the parking lights flash twice. It used to do it once then the lights (hids) would come on. now, just parking light flash twice.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I pulled all the 20amp fuses under the hood, what about the trunk area?
i dont believe any of the fuses you are lookin for are in the trunk. i have never gone into the trunk lookin for fuses for the any of the lights.

also when unlocking the car from my key fob, the parking lights flash twice. It used to do it once then the lights (hids) would come on. now, just parking light flash twice.

i have no idea.. now-a-days i feel like my car does whatever it wants. sometimes lights will flash and the horn will go off..other times nothing will happen.

****n technology man

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont believe any of the fuses you are lookin for are in the trunk. i have never gone into the trunk lookin for fuses for the any of the lights.

i have no idea.. now-a-days i feel like my car does whatever it wants. sometimes lights will flash and the horn will go off..other times nothing will happen.

****n technology man

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Issue fixed, it was a bad 40amp relay. I guess the bad weather killed it. I replaced it with another 40amp relay which fixed the problem. I wrapped it in electrical tape and a zip lock bag and then taped again. It all weather proof now lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Issue fixed, it was a bad 40amp relay. I guess the bad weather killed it. I replaced it with another 40amp relay which fixed the problem. I wrapped it in electrical tape and a zip lock bag and then taped again. It all weather proof now lol
Where is this 40amp relay located? I have after market HIDs and they turn on and off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts