Chrysler 300 forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchaced a 2008 300 Signature series and it did not come with the Homelink in the overhead. Is it possible to put it in? BTW: I have the power sunroof also.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
It is possible, but not likely that you want it bad enough to purchase the 2 wire harnesses and the new overhead console as the switches are sold with it...About $475 worth of parts, and then you most likely would need a flash at your local dealership to activate it in the computer control.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a Homelink module given to me today out of an 07 Magnum R/T. I pulled down my console and only have the wire for the sunroof and lights. Can anyone tell me on the pinout picture below which 2 prongs are the power and negative since I will not need the can bus +/- since I do not have the EVIC? I thought of just powering it just for the garage door opener only. I know with older Homelinks for other manufactures you can do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, since I tried to get the factory Homelink to work and it was not going the way I would have wanted it to go I thought of a different way.

Items needed:
Factory Homelink unit
Chamberlain one button rolling code garage door opener
Razor bade
apoxy or glue

1. Take the Chamberlain garage door opener and pry it open.
2. Take the opener module out of the case.
3. Take apart the factory Homelink case and remove the module.
4. On the bottom of the black Homelink case you will see 3 tabs where the Homelink buttons line up. ake a razor blade and trim them off.
5. Take the Chamberlain module and line the button on the module with one of the tabs you cut off. Each tab will line up with one of the 3 Homelink buttons. Play around with the part until you get the correct alignment. (I used some tape to hold in place for testing.
6.Put the Homelink case back together and see if it presses right. If it works right then open the case again and proceed to glue the module in that place
7.Take the Chamberlain module and glue into place with the button aligned with one of the tabs you cut off.

Then install the modded Homelink into you overhead console. Granted after a few years you will have to pull down the console to change tha battery but not a big deal to me.:smiley_thumbs_up:

Pictures below.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh Yeah!!! I Just put one in mine all by myself. It's really simple. you can buy on with the homelink connected with a harness from ebay now. I will help you connect once you get it>it was simple as using some quick splice once you find all of the matched colors..Make sure you get one with the pigtail already on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is the first mod I done on my 300,

I bought the factory overhead console with the homelink. took out my console. Installed the new one, then found that the wiring just isnt there for the homelink????

Or is it???

In the A pillar on the passenger side the wiring is there!!!! it wouldnt reach the overhead console so i just bought some wire and spliced into it. ran black to black, red to red........ ect.

Fired the car up, and the dang thing worked!!!!

altho, it would not display on my instrument cluster, i was still able to follow the programming instructions. and it works like a charm.... have had no problems with it, ever. and you will never have to change any batteries!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the first mod I done on my 300,

I bought the factory overhead console with the homelink. took out my console. Installed the new one, then found that the wiring just isnt there for the homelink????

Or is it???

In the A pillar on the passenger side the wiring is there!!!! it wouldnt reach the overhead console so i just bought some wire and spliced into it. ran black to black, red to red........ ect.

Fired the car up, and the dang thing worked!!!!

altho, it would not display on my instrument cluster, i was still able to follow the programming instructions. and it works like a charm.... have had no problems with it, ever. and you will never have to change any batteries!

We just got a 2012 without Homelink, There is a console with Homelink buttons on eBay, will it also work by connecting to wires in A pillar????
thanks gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts